Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pump wont come on-got a 03' 600rr, no gauges, motor turns but no pump, all relays and fuses check out, jumped the bas with the r/w to the green, that made the engine stop relay click on, ran power to the brown wire at the pump connection and the pump came on, so the pump is good, when I ground the brown w/ black wire at the fuel relay the pump and relay turns ons, that brown w/ black wire leads back to the ecu box, does this mean my ecu is bad, Any help would be appriciated

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You must have alll the fuel injectors hooked up, the crank and cam position sensors for the ECU to prime the fuel pump. If no fuel pump prime... then no fuel injection or spark either.
Once a guy had a bad ECU and when he jumped the wires to run the fuel pump... then it started. But that was ony one case out of many.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the sensors and injectors are plugged in, but the brown w/ black stripe wire that plugs into the bottom of the tank has been cut off, it runs to the dash for the fuel level, what does it mean when I ground that br/bl at the relay and then it works?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wiring is in great shape, all good connectors, I bought the bike in pieces, some guy was planning on building a custom RR but times got tuff so he had to sell it so I put the motor back together, I got everything for it, it's all in really good shape, my friend brought over his gauges and ECM and we plugged everything in, but still no pump, he gonna bring over his tank and pump and we gonna plug that in, see if for some reason my pump is faulty, even tho mines turns on when you run power to it, we'll see, if still no pump after that, I'ma just start checking every sensor for the proper ohm's, and volt readings out the manual, kinda stumped at this point, everything else checks out.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the tank... if your fuel pump works... it works.

If your BAS bypass makes the engine stop relay turn on... then it has to be a sensor.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have the same issue as you. I noticed the past week the bike would intermittently jerk in corners or in a straight line. Today it cut off and would not start back up just cruising down a city street at 35 mph. No bumps or nothing. I'll let you know what I find

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
check the fuse under your seat. That did it for me, runs like a champ now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the help, still ain't fixed but have checked most of the wiring, it seems to check out ok, but every test I do on the sensors tells me that I got a bad ECM, does anyone know what the difference is between the 05-06 ECM's and the 03-04 ECM's?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI, the 03-04 wiring harness and ECM's are different than the 05-06 ones, they have different speed sensor plugs, MAP plugs, and a different sub-harness for the ignition pick up, oil pressure, and temp sensor, the pin configureation for the ECM's are different on the black and grey plugs that go into the box also, you could make them work but you'd have to rewire those plugs and change the pin's around on the ECM plugs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts