Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues purchasing an unlocked phone off Ebay?? I lost my blackberry pearl while riding this weekend, and I'm completely lost without my phone. Wondering if people have had problems with AT&T and getting service from unlocked phones purchased on ebay.:wave:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Has anyone had any issues purchasing an unlocked phone off Ebay?? I lost my blackberry pearl while riding this weekend, and I'm completely lost without my phone. Wondering if people have had problems with AT&T and getting service from unlocked phones purchased on ebay.:wave:
I've bought AT&T/Cingular phones off ebay with no problems. There is freeware out there also that unlocks locked phones and flashes up to date firmware for free via your USB phone-to-computer cord that comes with the phone. Just put your sim in and go, that easy with an unlocked phone. Now, if your current sim is not 3G compliant and you are buying a newer 3G phone, you will need to upgrade your sim by stopping into a Cingular/At&T store. It could be free or it can cost your around $15. They upgraded mine for free, they didn't care what phone I was using or where it came from.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here's a little trick that works with TMobile if you need a backup phone--buy a prepaid phone!

They send you a phone and a SIM and some starter minutes for as low as $30 (shipped free). The phone is locked to TMobile, so you have to use a TMobile SIM in it but you're not forced to activate the prepaid or anything like that.

Look into AT&T to see if they have something similar?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just so ya know, I once posted a thread on a forum about purchasing an unlocked phone .......... and got a wicked bashing for it. For some reason its a taboo subject for some............ something about homeland security and terrorists using unlocked phones :tard:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
All we care about here is buying a phone off ebay that will work with our own active sim so that way there is avoiding having to extend an existing contract by 2 years or being pushed to buy a phone with a rebate to boot.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I've bought branded and unbranded and played around with flex versions. Done it all ....some seam editing too. I have my Asian connections for phones, parts, and computer parts when needed. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought Nokia of Amazon 3 years ago, still going strong on AT&T service, no problems at all. Great for traveling, especially overseas (make sure it's quad-band) :) good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts