Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you push start a bike because my F4i battery died on me the other day.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you dont push the start button at all?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
1st gear is rough . . . use 2nd or 3rd ! ! ! ! . . . . you won't even need to try that hard.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
no leave the sart button alone, use 2nd or 3rd push your bike till your running beside it jump on hook a gear and drop the clutch.... make sure the run/stop, kill switch is set to run... the ride to a store and buy a new battery, crash starting is not so good for the beast....good luck

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
gee said:
no leave the sart button alone, use 2nd or 3rd push your bike till your running beside it jump on hook a gear and drop the clutch.... make sure the run/stop, kill switch is set to run... the ride to a store and buy a new battery, crash starting is not so good for the beast....good luck
why is it bad to run start a bike?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
never been sure why , always been told that, choose to beleive it i guess. when i was younger and broker i would crash start my bike for a week till i got paid... my mechcanic kinda laughed/ sniggered at me that i wasn't the best for it to keep doing it...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help, I wish I knew this before.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I prefer 3rd. Especially if you're by yourself or you have bald tires. It's much easier to start in 3rd. I've push started quite a few bikes in my years and when I first tired this bike I used 1st. Tire just slipped and I just sweated. Went to 2nd and still just slipped. Went to 3rd and cranked the first time. Make sure you jump on the seat with your butt and dump the clutch at the same time. This gets the maximum force over the rear wheel for compression.

Now go buy a battery charger and charge the damn battery!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, 2nd or 3rd are way easier cause of the higher ratios.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I do have a battery charger but it seems like every couple weeks the battery just dies on me. I guess its probably time for a new one.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Even better than pushing it to just ride down the closest hill if there's one around. As said above, 2nd or 3rd is probably the better choice....smoother start and less wear on the tire/chain/gears.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
kbcbr600 said:
Actually I do have a battery charger but it seems like every couple weeks the battery just dies on me. I guess its probably time for a new one.
Have you installed anything electrical? Recheck your wiring and grounds. Something may be slowly draining the battery. (i.e. alarm)

·
Registered
51 Posts
GA_RR said:
Even better than pushing it to just ride down the closest hill if there's one around. As said above, 2nd or 3rd is probably the better choice....smoother start and less wear on the tire/chain/gears.
better yet, get your buddy to do the pushing, haha, just make sure he isn't right behind you if it doesn't make it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
First Is Too Touchy And Could Get U Off Balance, Use 2nd Or 3rd Like The Rest Said!......hold The Clutch In And Release Once U Get Some Speed, Applying A Little Throttle And Pull The Clutch Back In Just As U Hear The Motor So U Don't Get Shaky.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have new headlight bulbs that I think are draining the battery. How do I check if that is the cause?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
kbcbr600 said:
I have new headlight bulbs that I think are draining the battery. How do I check if that is the cause?
What's the draw on them.... I don't think you're supposed to pull more than 55W.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts