Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first post by a new member.

I just bought an '03 600RR that came with complete race and street bodywork. My problem now is that I'm completely overwhelmed by the street stuff. I removed a few bolts and snipped a few wire ties and the race glass was off, but now I'm looking at this ziploc bag full of fasteners and the street stuff and I'm just plain lost. Does anyone have any diagrams, exploded views, PDF files, pamphlets, stick figure drawings or heiroglyphic tablets that might help me out?

Also, the rear key cylinder (the one that unlatches the cowl/passenger seat) seems to be broken, as I kinda half-ass got the tailpiece on (I don't think I had it right) and even though I hooked up the cable, the key wouldn't turn in either direction and the entire cylinder was very loose. I ended up taking the tailpiece back off for a closer look and I think it's just broken. Anyone know where I might get another? Or if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Sindic said:
Hey everyone, first post by a new member.

I just bought an '03 600RR that came with complete race and street bodywork. My problem now is that I'm completely overwhelmed by the street stuff. I removed a few bolts and snipped a few wire ties and the race glass was off, but now I'm looking at this ziploc bag full of fasteners and the street stuff and I'm just plain lost. Does anyone have any diagrams, exploded views, PDF files, pamphlets, stick figure drawings or heiroglyphic tablets that might help me out?

Also, the rear key cylinder (the one that unlatches the cowl/passenger seat) seems to be broken, as I kinda half-ass got the tailpiece on (I don't think I had it right) and even though I hooked up the cable, the key wouldn't turn in either direction and the entire cylinder was very loose. I ended up taking the tailpiece back off for a closer look and I think it's just broken. Anyone know where I might get another? Or if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

I'm gunna be running into the same situation when I get back to Minnesota/over the summer. I've been thinking about bringing my bike back into street trim... you're most likely going to have to pick up a new under-tail tray from your local dealer... also...it'd probably be in your best intrest to go to your local dealer and pick up/order a 2003/2004 Honda CBR 600RR service manual. It'll have everything you need to know in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts