Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, now I know there are tons of threads relating to both these sites, but before you write me off, hear me out ;) I was going to go with CBRFairings when I realized that their site seems to go down (or at least I'm unable to view it) here in the US. It's not my computer, as I'm writing this post now and all other sites load fine, so I think somethings going on there part. Anyways, I know I can just call and order from them, but while their site was down I decided to go looking around for alternative options. I read some threads about Auctmart on here and decided they were worth a shot to look at. To my suprise the fairings I'm intrested in buying from CBRFairings.com are nearly $200 dollars cheaper over there. Well I was going through checkout from Auctmarts when I came to the shipping method. Now I got really confused here because one shipping method says "Big Size Per Item: Include Bodywork Fairings shipping fee. USD225 per item." which costs $225 then the other says " Zone Rates: Shipping to us 3lb(s) " which only costs $8.50.

Am I missing something here? Why in the world would I want to pay the 225 if I can pay 8.50?

Anyone who can clear this up will be thanked :+1:

EDIT***I just hopped on my bike as a buddy of mine stopped by to asses the damages and felt some type of sticking when i slammed the front breaks and put weight on it while it was stationary. Is this normal?

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
I'm not to sure about the shipping thing but I would imagine that the $8 would be if you ordered individual fairings or parts...

Ive never had issues with cbrfarings website and i just orderd some from them so will see here in a few week :confused1 . I wanted some custom stuff so i spent about a week or so emailing them. They always emailed me back within a few hours and were extremely helpful...

I

·
0 Posts
Your not going to pay $8 to ship a full fairing set from half way across the world. It's going to be about $500 total for the fairings, seat cowl, windscreen, and tank pad. My Auctmart fairings fit nearly perfect so i was impressed with them. I had a custom paint scheme done for no additional cost too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats cool and all man but the total for me comes out to be 584 and CBRfairings is about 70 bucks cheaper than that

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Well then go with CBR fairings. But Cbr fairings probably just includes the price of shipping in with the fairings so they can say free shipping so the consumer feels like they are getting something more. I can assure you that there is no way to ship a full set of fairings for $8.50 thats just insane. The last set of fairings I shipped cost $180 , but that was in the states. You have to take into consideration these kits are coming from China so you are paying international rates.

I

·
0 Posts
thats cool and all man but the total for me comes out to be 584 and CBRfairings is about 70 bucks cheaper than that
You can send them a PM and they will drop the price to $5 bills for everything included. That's what I did. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually they include a solo seat cowl for free and the dark smoke wind screen is only 9.99 still being cheaper after the added end price then Auctmarts, but anyways thanks for that tip infinite! I'll give it a shot, if it works out then awesome, if not then CBRFairings it is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crud i forgot to ask guys I just hopped on my bike as a buddy of mine stopped by to asses the damages and felt some type of sticking when i slammed the front breaks and put weight on it while it was stationary. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Actually they include a solo seat cowl for free and the dark smoke wind screen is only 9.99 still being cheaper after the added end price then Auctmarts, but anyways thanks for that tip infinite! I'll give it a shot, if it works out then awesome, if not then CBRFairings it is.
You can get a lot more than a solo cowl and windsreen of you pm them.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
crud i forgot to ask guys I just hopped on my bike as a buddy of mine stopped by to asses the damages and felt some type of sticking when i slammed the front breaks and put weight on it while it was stationary. Is this normal?
sticking as in how? like the the breaks locked up?

also the shipping from cbrfarings is $70 but i highly suggest shooting them an email..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I push down on the breaks while stationary, and when it goes down then 1/3 of the way back up i feel a slight stick - maybe there's some crap that got in the forks? There's no fork oil though and the fork seals look fine, I don't know maybe it's just some weird placebo since the bike has been hit and run, but I never recall having that feeling.

*EDIT* I'm here in OK, and I keep getting time outs when I try to go through checkout at CBRfairings.com - Tried calling their number but it's past business hours(according to the automated voice lol). I thought I read somewhere there in china so, if that's the case, wouldn't 12 AM CST be 1:00pm over there? Anyone have any info on there hours of operation? Can't view there site since it keeps timing out (tried multiple browsers, even completely separate computers (on different networks) and keep getting the same thing...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts