Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just replaced my f-ed up left clipon with a new one, and was thinking about just leaving the control stalk with the headlights/t-signals/horn control off, but I noticed something.

On the back on my clutch lever bracket, I have 2 wires that go into the control stalk housing. Now I didnt take it apart enough to see if the wires were just re-run out through the hole, or if they're actually plugged into the stalk somewhere.. but my question is this..

what the *heck* are those wires for?

and

how do I remove the control stalk without tampering with them (if they're needed)?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
They let the bike know the clutch lever is pulled in. You can get away without it, but the bike will only start in neutral. Or you can do what I did, I cut off all the wires by the plug and jumped the two black/white wires together, the bike will now start in any gear.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blade-Runner said:
They let the bike know the clutch lever is pulled in. You can get away without it, but the bike will only start in neutral. Or you can do what I did, I cut off all the wires by the plug and jumped the two black/white wires together, the bike will now start in any gear.
Doh, shoulda thought of that one :D I think I'm just gonna do away w/ it, i start my bike in neutral 99% of the time anyways..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts