Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I really would like to know is: Where can I read/ look online about any quad with sportbike engines? In the back of a magazine one time I seen a very small ad about it but dont remember any address'es or anything.... Is there a website about converting a quad to a 600cc+ engine?

Help me? Im lost searching for info.

Thanks!
-jakehttp://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262908

·
Registered
998 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere w / a (if I recall correctly) Yamaha warrior with an '03 RR engine in it. Do a search as I'm to lazy to do it for you :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
i was down in clearwater the other day on a 45mph road and i was doing 10mph over the limit and a quad FLEW past me and then ripped a wheelie. i was freakin dumb founded

·
Registered
279 Posts
shiftn3rdon1 said:
quads are fast as hell in the first place

Yeah, but quads w/streetbike engines in them are insane hill shooters..........

·
Registered
533 Posts
a good friend of mine has a banshe with an r6 motor in it..thing is nuts you cannot keep the front down...but thats why we did it...it was mostly all bolt on also

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just rock one of these...it cant cost that much......:jerkit:

The Raptor 700 isnt enough for ya...?

·
Registered
812 Posts
DStewart said:
Yeah, but quads w/streetbike engines in them are insane hill shooters..........
But you gotta run liter engines in 'em to play with the hot shees - even then there are still many to-mean shees.

Here's a site w/ some old vids of my blue meth burning YFZ:

http://www.ljsoftware.com/Videos/Dumont3.htm

That was a long weekend but only a few vids. Sufice it to say that other than the fast shee's and other assorted 2-smokes the only faster quads than mine was "Mario" and the blue 690 raptor.

·
Registered
259 Posts
too much power on a quad and you'll start losing grip and fishtailing.
My friend has a honda 450r that was bored out for racing and it pulls almost as good as my rr. problem is you can't keep the rear tires grabbing full throttle. Just our experience. Still sweet to see a sportbike engine in one though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4x4600rr said:
a good friend of mine has a banshe with an r6 motor in it..thing is nuts you cannot keep the front down...but thats why we did it...it was mostly all bolt on also
Can you get more information on this please? THink you could get soem pics? Thanks! SOunds badass!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jache616 said:
Can you get more information on this please? THink you could get soem pics? Thanks! SOunds badass!
Dude... this is redneck engineering... you want it - create it. There's one of every type of sport bike engine in a quad. I've seen 70 year old men shooting Choke Cherry hill in Idaho on GXR liter quads that they built. Find yerself a motorhead (preferably rednecked) and have at it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
selector said:
Dude... this is redneck engineering... you want it - create it. There's one of every type of sport bike engine in a quad. I've seen 70 year old men shooting Choke Cherry hill in Idaho on GXR liter quads that they built. Find yerself a motorhead (preferably rednecked) and have at it.
Yeah, I know its alot of home fabrication but I was hoping to get as much info as I can without experimenting too much and finding my own problems haha. :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jache616 said:
Yeah, I know its alot of home fabrication but I was hoping to get as much info as I can without experimenting too much and finding my own problems haha. :)
But then it's truly your deal - I see your point though. All I can say is go w/ a liter engine. The mild/heavy-modified shees will have a 600cc I4 for lunch - you don't want that with all the effort you'll put into it. With all the added weight of an I4, you want has many ponies as you can get. Fast shees sound great, but a hot I4 liter will stop folks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
selector said:
But then it's truly your deal - I see your point though. All I can say is go w/ a liter engine. The mild/heavy-modified shees will have a 600cc I4 for lunch - you don't want that with all the effort you'll put into it. With all the added weight of an I4, you want has many ponies as you can get. Fast shees sound great, but a hot I4 liter will stop folks.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=30669&page=3

:) Yeah, I have seen soem eman modded quads that would but with a 600, fairly easy I'd say...until a certain point. Then again, I can't hit dunes on my RR. haha

·
Registered
279 Posts
I need to off my Predator 500 and get a Rappy7 then................

1 - 20 of 26 Posts