Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this heavy fellow in my town that has a silver 06 rr witg 3k on the speedo. He wants 3900.00 for it.
With only 3k on it though he managed to blow the clutch pack in it. What else should i be worried about?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well if he blew up the clutch, then he probably didnt know how to ride. I have never seen anybody go through a clutch. Just check the whole bike over. Tires, chain, fairings, mirrors, bar ends, cases, foot pegs ect (Body). Ride it and make sure the bike goes through all the gears and it sounds right (Tranny/Engine). Sometimes all you can do is ride it and check it over, and gamble. If your honestly worried about it you can always find another 06 for cheap, or try to get him to go down even further.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It cosmetically looks pristine and the motor runs like a champ. Just like you said though.. I havent seen to many clutch packs get merc'd especially at only 3k miles.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yep. Mine has over 24,000 miles and my clutch is working just fine. Something like that makes me very curious how he treated the rest of the bike. Maybe there is an explanation, but most likely he wont telll you the truth. What part of NM you from? Maybe if your close enough to me, I can help you find something nice. Dont mind helping out a dot net member.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in the very northeast corner of the state. Its not like a "need" another rr but i figured since its here might as well consider it lol. He belonged to a crew out of abq. Im thinking smoky burnouts were a regular thing for it. Hes not exactly a stunt rider or a carver but he does own alot of bikes so im leaning towards everything else maintenance wise was kept up to par.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ah, okay. Your a little far. Well just because of the clutch I wouldnt count it out. You might even be able to buy it, and sling it for $4500 and make some profit; just dont register it under your name. That is with the assumption that he is selling it with a good clutch for $3900? Or did he not change it? If it has the bad clutch in it, I would forget about the bike and find another if thats what you want. Also, I am sure it had some burnouts done on it. You dont ruin a clutch from riding to school and back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts