Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 05 zx6rr and tells me he cant do a power wheelie in first. so after a bit i told him to let me try, well i couldnt do it at all. i only got a couple inches off the ground and i cracked it a few times! what i did notice is that his red line is 16k but the rev limiter wouldnt let me go past 14k. is there any kind of govner or sensor we have to change. his first gear feels a bit weak

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright man, if your just gonna makes sarcastic jokes dont even bother sending a reply. so what if he wants to do some power wheelies? y would u care

D

·
0 Posts
tell him change his sprocket hit or just clutch it. end of thread
Or just to ******* learn how to do it right.

If Rossi can wheelie a Vespa, then the only thing stopping a bike from wheeling is the idiot behind the bars.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we already knew about the sprocket route, just seeing if there was anyway to get his rpms from cutting out early, the red line is at 16k but cuts out around 14k

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dude try kawiforums.com those guys tell ya anything you want to know about and probably not be dicks about it

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is an article I have read regarding the rev limiters on the ZX6Rs in a sportbike rag I found a few days ago. In the shootout between the bikes the Kawi was near or dead last in Hp and performance segment. They went on in the article to elaborate about "jumping" the limiter or fuses (whathaveyou, I am by no means a gearhead in terms of motorcycles). It had pictures and instructions on how to accomplish this.

This restriction has something to do with emissions was Kawis claim. Hope this helps, and I will try and find and post a link to the article if I can find it again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts