Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 CBR600RR and I did an oil change at my dealership at 600 miles and found out a week later that the oil they put in was 20w50. So I ordered amsoil 10w40 and put it in my bike at 740 miles and my oil filter is the Honda oem. Now my bike has a hard time shifting from first to second. It feels like it is sticking so I have to force it in to second and also there are times where my bike hits neutral instead of second. It always alternates between shifting it hard to second and goes straight into neutral. All of the other gears from second to six shifts smoothly. I never had this problem when I first got the bike and after the dealership did the service. Now I have this problem with the amsoil. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
push harder on the lever. when you shift from 1st to 2nd you need to do it quickly and with authority.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
you wasted your money.
20w50 is only a little heavier than 10w40

in fact 50 weight will shear to 40 weight after a thousand miles or so in most cases according to the oil tests i have seen.

the 20w and 10w is the oil weight that the oil will behave like when the oil is at freezing temp. if you dont start your bike at 32F then its no big deal

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm dont know what oil has been in my bike, i purchased it used and a fresh oil change was done right before I picked it up. But i'm about to switch over to Amsoil with the Amsoil filter. I have run Amsoil in my cars with the Amsoil filter for years. I've sent numerous samples in for UOA and the filter on the car makes a big difference when used with their oil.... IS there anyone else out there running amsoil with thier filter that could give me some feedback on how its worked out for them on there bike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.