Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally heard one, but on a 1000. I must say damn.....the sound you get from that baby is insane. Back to the question. when i was down at the shop i talked to the guy about the pipe i wanna get (Sato) he then also suggested the Arata. I said yeah but i sits a little crooked right? He then says that Arata has fixed that problem. I say yeah but only on the 05/06 not the 03/04. He says no on the 03/04 as well..................is this true?

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
The 03/04 still uses the oval shape which is crooked. Unless they made the 05/06 style can for the 03/04s which I'm pretty sure they havn't. Wait for birdman to chyme in to get the facts.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
On the 03/04 the pipe is crooked but the outlet it straight and centered.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what i said. I thought the guy was wrong. also does anyone know if the sato sits crooked as well?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes the Sato sits croocked as well, they're more interested in performance than looks. My friend has the Arata on his 05 1000RR and it sits crooked as well, but it's honestly hard to tell unless you're looking for it specifically.

·
Registered
797 Posts
dang im glad i have 06 then, b/c i just order an arata for my 600... but even it if was a lil off i think the arata has the better looks and better performance out the bunch... as far as sounds i think its top 3-5 souding can however 2bros maybe the sounding but not much performace outta that, so i wish i had 2 more thumbs so i can 4 thumbs up to the arata!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still contemplating on the exhaust. I was leaning on the Sato but ever since i heard that Arata i was blown away. It had the low rumble that i was looking for. I just wish i could hear the Sato in person to. I was told the Sato is more F-1 sounding, im assuming high pitched sort of. If anyone has one lemme know.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
either pipe you will be happy with they are both awesome. Personally, the Arata pipes are built a little better and are a tad more sturdy, but the pipe work itself and the power gains are pretty much neck and neck. Your choice mate.

as for crooked, as was said above, unless you realy look for it, you won't notice, I get more comments on having a supposedly blown headlight than a crooked pipe. LOL Let us know how you go. Maybe the guy was talkin CBR1000 at the shop though???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Possibly, they werent really paying attention just kinda screwin around. Birdman the sound on that sato..you ever heard one?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
In addition to the aforementioned benefits of the Arata, the overall fitment is top notch. Oval shape or box style, they both flow with the lines of the bike better than the Sato. And, they're perfectly tucked and flush w/the tail. Then again, I'm biased. Trust me, you won't be disappointed if you buy an Arata.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing that is holding me back from the Arata is everyone has the arata. I wanted to be a little different. Its just that i havnt heard a good sound clip of a sato. (sorry to be lame)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
They both sound great BUT the Arata is packed way better than the Sato and will be a tad quieter, to begin with at least. The Sato's are pretty freakin loud from day one. To me, that'd swing me to Arata coz they use better and more packing, as per my better quality muffler comment above. Again, you won't go wrong with either

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Black_Bullet6 said:
The only thing that is holding me back from the Arata is everyone has the arata. I wanted to be a little different. Its just that i havnt heard a good sound clip of a sato. (sorry to be lame)
Everyone on this board has one, but how often do you see us ridin around your area? I'm the only one I've seen in my area with one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true that man i did think about that. Well soon i'll have one of them and ill post pics

1 - 17 of 17 Posts