Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a question for general discussion but felt this wasn't really a crash question so I posted here.

Anyways, For all you that's changed your RR from the stock color to another, Did you have to change the title for the color change?

My 06's was red with the black wing, but now it's white hannspree race replica and soon I think i'm going to just do white with the black wing. I don't know if I should go to DMV and find out how to update the color on the title or if it's not worth it. I'm not trying to sell it but in the case of insurance or cops, I don't want to have issues because the color isn't what it states on the bike or the title...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then i won't bother, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure if this is a question for general discussion but felt this wasn't really a crash question so I posted here.

Anyways, For all you that's changed your RR from the stock color to another, Did you have to change the title for the color change?
I guess it depends where you live, I certainly had to change my title and inform my insurance company. If it ever gets stolen you could be SOL and if cops run your plate as you are cruising along (happens to me a few times a year) chances are they may pull you over to explain the discrepancy.

Didn't cost anything, so why wouldn't you? The lower I can stay under the radar the better IMHO.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Where I live the cost to get it changed on the title is $14, the ticket for not getting it changed is $60. I have been pulled over and asked about it but no ticket. If possible, get it changed. If they're not anal about it there don't worry about it.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
interesting that some places care and others dont, i have been told legaly speaking the color of a vehicle means jack ****, so long as the rest of the info matches.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm yeah it's hard to say, I live in new jersey and now they don't even bother inspecting the bikes, that's why I never went to change the title.. but I guess it would be safer to get it changed on the title/registration since it could be another thing a cop to harass me about... next time i'm at dmv, i'll see how much it cost and probably get it done..

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
wow, I never thought about this before, I have a second set of fairings that I'm going to have painted and it didn't even cross my mind to change the registration

·
Registered
279 Posts
SC titles & registrations don't even say what color the vehicle is...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts