Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Knee Dragger & Site Sponsor
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know or have any opinions on a 1000rr engine fitting in a 600rr frame? Happen to have a spare 1000rr engine and 600rr frame. thought it might be a fun project.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i dunno mang, the 1000RR engine is a tight fit in a 1000RR frame. Had to do one over the winter that had been dropped and the stator side of engine case cracked open. Best thing to do would be measure the width of the cylinder head on the 600RR and compare to the 998cc. I doubt it would fit, but what do i know.

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thanks man. im just kicking around ideas. my bro wrecked his 04 1000rr and its totalled. so im just kicking around ideas. thought it may be cool to have a 1000rr engine in something that light. may be dangerous though. also thinking about maybe a dunebuggy or a shifterkart or something. i will measure it though.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i say go with the shifter. i dont know about shoehorning a liter into a 600 frame. is the frame designed for that much torque?

·
Registered
508 Posts
dont know about the 600 RR but there was a guy in my town with a 01-02 GSXR 600 frame with a 1000 motor. dont know how he did it but he managed it.

·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i thought the shifter kart would prolly be the funnest. the 600rr would def. be a wheelie machine. im looking into finding a shifter kart frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts