Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen I am about to buy 2010 CBR 600RR this will be my 3rd 600RR. And obviously 03-06 no cat just got some resignators on the exhaust only on the 05-06 I think. But as for the newer models they now have a cat:cursin: . So I am going to peace together the loudest and probably the nicest sounding (In my opinion) exhaust you will hear for a street rider! (I will put some kind of fly by video on soon!) It is going to have a two bro racing header with TBR filter and Velocity stacks Along with a hyper-flo slip on! Going to make a nasty combo! But my question is I am going to run into a problem with O2 sensor and the cheack engine light coming on? And if I do how do I over come this problem so the engine light does not come one! Because it is really annoying FOR ME when ridding and that light is on! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I'd recommend doing some searching. There's a lot of threads with good info on exhaust changes.

Shouldn't have issues with the O2 sensor, as there isn't one on the 2007-2010 (can't find any referene to it in the service manual, and there's another post in the 09-10 Mods forum stating the same). You'll have the FI light on depending on what you do with the exhaust servo (search "servo fix" or "servo fi light").

From reading what other have posted on a full exhaust changes, you'll want to look into a Power Commander or similar device and some dyno time to build a custom map to get the most out of your setup (and maybe just to make it run smooth after the changes).

Good luck with the mods!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Listen I am about to buy 2010 CBR 600RR this will be my 3rd 600RR. And obviously 03-06 no cat just got some resignators on the exhaust only on the 05-06 I think. But as for the newer models they now have a cat:cursin: . So I am going to peace together the loudest and probably the nicest sounding (In my opinion) exhaust you will hear for a street rider! (I will put some kind of fly by video on soon!) It is going to have a two bro racing header with TBR filter and Velocity stacks Along with a hyper-flo slip on! Going to make a nasty combo! But my question is I am going to run into a problem with O2 sensor and the cheack engine light coming on? And if I do how do I over come this problem so the engine light does not come one! Because it is really annoying FOR ME when ridding and that light is on! Thanks guys!

wrong, there are cats on 05 - 06 ...

that boulbous thing is the cat.

I'd recommend doing some searching. There's a lot of threads with good info on exhaust changes.

Shouldn't have issues with the O2 sensor, as there isn't one on the 2007-2010 (can't find any referene to it in the service manual, and there's another post in the 09-10 Mods forum stating the same). You'll have the FI light on depending on what you do with the exhaust servo (search "servo fix" or "servo fi light").

From reading what other have posted on a full exhaust changes, you'll want to look into a Power Commander or similar device and some dyno time to build a custom map to get the most out of your setup (and maybe just to make it run smooth after the changes).

Good luck with the mods!
you also are incorrect

there are o2 sensors on cali bikes, the 49 state bikes do not, there are also o2 sensors on Euro bikes as well i do believe.

Reactions: RedlineX

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Good luck with the mods!
Of course I am going to run PCV and custom tune you be an idiot not too! That's not my question. Asking about the O2 sensor (and of course their is an O2 sensor they have a cat.) Second NO ONE is running the set up I am running so it I am trying to find out if anyone with a two bros or any of that many full exhaust has a problem with FI light? If so where to turn to or what to do to fix it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrong, there are cats on 05 - 06 ...

that boulbous thing is the cat.

you also are incorrect

there are o2 sensors on cali bikes, the 49 state bikes do not, there are also o2 sensors on Euro bikes as well i do believe.
No. no cat on 05-06 (Just sold mine did not have one!) resignators on them only, California might have cat for those years because of GAY emissions! Second no one is answering my question just babbling on and say search thanks guys I know BUT I WOULD BE HERE FOR DAYS SEARCHING GUYS!!!!!!! (Even with the search bar) Make it easy and tell me yes it is going to trip FI light or NO. And if it does what can I do to fix it. Thanks for the HELP so far NOT! Jeez come on guys what happened to help each other out use the friggen keyboard and type.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Second no one is answering my question just babbling on and say search thanks guys I know BUT I WOULD BE HERE FOR DAYS SEARCHING GUYS!!!!!!!

!
Seems he told you what to search for, its the servo fix. Yes you will have an FI light come on.

Also, my bike doesn't have an O2 sensor. Its a CA 08.:ponder:

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
No. no cat on 05-06 (Just sold mine did not have one!) resignators on them only, California might have cat for those years because of GAY emissions! Second no one is answering my question just babbling on and say search thanks guys I know BUT I WOULD BE HERE FOR DAYS SEARCHING GUYS!!!!!!! (Even with the search bar) Make it easy and tell me yes it is going to trip FI light or NO. And if it does what can I do to fix it. Thanks for the HELP so far NOT! Jeez come on guys what happened to help each other out use the friggen keyboard and type.

umm, thats my bike, i gutta that cat, yes, there is a cat, if you didnt have one, you had non stock exhaust.

and its an 06.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 05 has a Cat. All 05/06 have cats on them. You may have just bought one with aftermarket headers.
Ok, so now I finally established that FI light is going to come on when I do my exhaust. (And who care what has a cat or not its not going to when I put the full exhaust on anyway!) How can I fix this problem? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Ok, so now I finally established that FI light is going to come on when I do my exhaust. (And who care what has a cat or not its not going to when I put the full exhaust on anyway!) How can I fix this problem? Thanks guys!
You'll have the FI light on depending on what you do with the exhaust servo (search "servo fix" or "servo fi light")
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=servo+fix+site:600rr.net .... or .... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=servo+fi+light+site:600rr.net

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.