Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching two wheel tuesday and was curious about the Faster movie. So i went to the website and watched the trailer. The thing is, in the trailer, the narrator says "blah blah blah the fastest bikes in the world are the 500cc world grand prix bikes." But to my knowledge, motogp bikes are liter bikes. Can anyone elaborate on this? I thought motogp was only 125, 250, and 1000cc.

link to faster trailer: http://www.fastermovie.com/trailer.html

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
history....

motogp 500CC WAS the fastest machine until they allowed 990cc 4 strokes to compete with them. Trust me, it is covered in the movie. Really, it is just a long documentary. Very good.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah....the documentary says that because it documents 2k1, the last year of 500cc, 2k2, the first year of allowing 4 strokes (2 and 4's mixed) and touches the 03 season (all 4strokes)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have a question too, Why is it called 500cc? The bikes go like 200mph. And as far as I know 500cc can't go that fast.

·
Registered
334 Posts
kenezzite said:
I have a question too, Why is it called 500cc? The bikes go like 200mph. And as far as I know 500cc can't go that fast.
It's a 500cc 2-stroke. A 2 stroke generates power every 2 cycles instead of 4 cycles, therefore it can make twice as much power as a 4 stroke. Therefore, 500cc 2-stroke = 1000cc 4 stroke (well...roughly speaking :D )

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
javawhz said:
kenezzite said:
It's a 500cc 2-stroke. A 2 stroke generates power every 2 cycles instead of 4 cycles, therefore it can make twice as much power as a 4 stroke. Therefore, 500cc 2-stroke = 1000cc 4 stroke (well...roughly speaking :D )
Thanks for explaining.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
i would love to have a 500cc 2 stroke.

umm, i have another bike and i wanna convert it to 2-stroke, who should i talk to?? :twisted:

thanks for the info. :bounce:

·
Registered
780 Posts
ben pimpin said:
Those 500cc scare me. A 2 stroke with almost 200hp. Not for me. I would kill myself in about 5 seconds on one.
10 seconds on the 990cc.
Mathematically speaking, you would kill yourself in almost the same time as a 2 stroke 500cc and a 4 stroke 990cc. Just my $.02 :lol2:

·
Registered
919 Posts
cause thiose 500cc bikes are nowhere near stock. every peice on the bike is aftermarket and i mean every peice.
Just to make things clear; ther is no such thing as stock or from a production bike then modified. MotoGP is a prototype development class. Zero parts can come from a production machine just ask WCM. These bike are so unbelievably rare and expensive and exotic that at the end of the season the bikes are crushed and then recycled to make new parts. For the race teams like Telifonica moviestar and promac it cost the teamd between 1 and 2 millon dollars a year for 1 bike lease then they have to give it back to the factory when the season is over.

·
Registered
334 Posts
RRpilot said:
Zero parts can come from a production machine just ask WCM.
Yep yep. WCM used a stock R1 crankcase which disqualified them.

The funny thing is, on one of the boards some guy was bullsh!tting that he took a 2002 RC211V for a spin on GMR because he had contacts at the Honda factory :lol2:

·
Registered
318 Posts
kenezzite said:

so that mean my 250cc will go like 100 mph then? ;-)

·
Registered
919 Posts
The funny thing is, on one of the boards some guy was bullsh!tting that he took a 2002 RC211V for a spin on GMR because he had contacts at the Honda factory
I would love to see the pix or vid of some putz like that. Show me the Money A**hole, I would deffenently call the guy on that one. Probably doesnt even know what RC211V stands for or what kind of engine is in it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts