Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are wearing full gear and you do go down (god forbid), what generally happens to you. You don't get any abrasions but a lot of bruising? possibly broken bones?? Anybody have experience? Let me know please.

·
Registered
102 Posts
mmm... well... depends entirely how you fall... 10 mph your gear won't make a big difference. i've never fallen *knock on wood* but you can read hundreds of stories about how gear saved people's lives, just stroll through this forum.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
yea it drastically depends on the circumstances, obviously!

A slow little drop you may get nothing.... Then again I have wrecked on the track, broken shoulder from flying 60' through the air and didn't even have a bruise, had a broken shoulder... but not abrasions what so ever. It all depends...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've tested a few suits, helmets and have been very lucky so far. Good gear is cheaper than hospital bills. In mine I had basic bumps and bruises in the most of them. The only one that really hurt was trying to stop my body with my head going into a tire wall. I'd recommend not trying that one

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
it all depends what you run into... on the street you have cars, poles, signs, fences and gaurdrails. gear can only do so much, so save the ricky racer stuff for the track days.

don't skimp in the department either. pick quality gear, and wear it. i've found out through selling stuff at the shop, that the more you pay for something, the more proud you are to display it. hence actually wearing it.

i had a guy looking at our leather jackets once, he exclaimed "$300 for a jacket?" as i was passing by. i stopped and looked at him and said "it's alot cheaper than skin grafts, and a whole lot less painful." He bought that jacket.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hahah yup been down in full alpinestars suit and not a scratch on me just my gear

ive been lucky three downs and no bruises or broken bones

Ceph said it well alot cheaper then skin grafts

not to mention a new study was just performed and it turns out 99.9% of women prefer men with skin

·
Registered
195 Posts
3 downs ? maybe riding isn't for you ?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
If you are wearing full gear and you do go down (god forbid), what generally happens to you. You don't get any abrasions but a lot of bruising? possibly broken bones?? Anybody have experience? Let me know please.

Indeed, what everyone said it spot on.
The biggest thing about Suits, is they help support your body, when you have a properly fitting one. They kinda work like an exo skeleton. And the impact foam absorbs a lot of the energy.
Now, it's not going to act like a cast. But, it could be the difference between a broken arm, or leg..... or not.
For sure, a leather suit is Way less then Skin graphs.
You got to remember your jeens are going to get shreaded.

It's a trade off, with walking into a store looking like a power ranger, and riding around knowing you are "Safer" from all the morons who cut us off on a dailey basis.

Don't forget the gloves. Even without a full Suit, at least Wear Good Boots, Gloved, and a Jacket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts