Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my roomate was riding in the neiborhood on his newly purchased f4. 4000 miles on it clean title. so, bike was cool and then when he stopped the oil light came on and the bike shut off. had to pop start it. checked the oil and its full. bike would not start for 20 mins. then started fine but sounds like a v twin now when it starts. when i held the trottle to 4 thousand rpms, it held there and then dropped to 2000 rpms on its own with my hand at same position. any help would be great evn to get it running so he can get it to the delership he bought it from. thanks very much.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Spark plugs as previously stated, fuel (old gas), gunk in the carbs, fuel filter, etc....

An f4 is a 99 or 2000. THat means to only have 4000 miles, it was almost never ridden. Carbs don't like that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sparks replaced, fuel pump replaced, carb replaced, new gas, and filter. if all of those are fine do you think it could be something internal

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
no. I do not.

A motor only needs three things to run.

Fuel, Spark, and Air.

Spark - easy to check for consistant spark with a gun.

Air - little more difficult, search for any and all vacuum lines. Make sure none are broken or have holes in them. Make sure the Airbox is sealed etc....

Fuel - who replaced the carbs? Why would they be replaced? You can clean and inspect the current ones. Also, why doesn't the dealer come get it? I wouldn't f' with it if it was just bought from a dealer or they can blame you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well its 6 and he caled they told him to bring it up to them. and its easter weekend. so i dont think they would come and get it this weekend. i just dont understand. it rode perfect on the way home took it above 10 and everything fine. now it no work. we wont mess with it though, just wondering if there was a quik thing i could check before he left. i dont know why they had to replace all thows things. i will be going with him on monday. i did not go with him before. but now i am just curious. there are many things i am worried about with the bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thaks much and also there is no lock on the rear seat. so lots questions. but thanks for the help he got it with 4300 miles on it. it was repainted and and there is a small scratch on the stater. looks like junk yard writing on the tranny, the tail is crooked to my eye. he thinks different, but i look at a lot of bikes daily so... and it looks like there are 2 scratches on the frame. so i think it was a salvage bike never claimed so the title remined clear. and this place sould it to him like it was a new bike. i went to pick it up with him and they had to work on it all day. i went and watched the guy compression test it though and it was cool. so, we will see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts