Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the sportbike community and don't know many people in town who ride who I would usually as to help me with this, so sorry if my questions sounds noobish/squidish...

Just bought Clear Alternative's integrated tail light for my baby. I would rather do it myself than spend $60 for the local shop to do it, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to start to install this?

Remove the bracket that holds the stock signals first?
How do I get the stock tail light out without damaging the bike?
Also, the package came with resistors, what do I do with these?

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
417 Posts
First of all, you gotta take off the rear tail entirely. There are bolts by the tank, on the matte black side covers, 2 under the seat( take the seat out) and 4 on the upper tail under the rear seat. after you disconnect the wiring there are two bolts that hold in your old tail light. take those out, and put your new one in. then splice the correct wires into your stock tail light wiring. if you don't mind a faster blink( i prefer it) save the resistors for when or if you get led front signals, you will need them for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.