Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a bike I would like to get and it's listed with a few things I don't really understand. It's a GSXR 600

1. It has inverted GSXR 750 forks. I've seen that a lot on here , but don't know what it is or what it's for. I'd appreciate some detail on that.

2. It has a GSXR 750 swingarm too. Not sure why anyone would do this.

3. It has a GSXR 750 rear brake calipher and he says that it needs a 600 calipher because, when hooked up the 750 calipher makes the brake light stay on. Any other ideas/solutions to fix this or will I have to buy a new one?

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
130 Posts
It should be all almost the same parts except for different spring rates and such. Changing a caliper will not make a light stay on. Any rear caliper brake light switch is pressure sensitive. Meaning that it works on brake line pressure, not mechanical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there's more to the brake problem than he's telling me... or he knows?

Also since he put a 750 swingarm on it... do you think the geometry of the bike is different now or what?

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
what year is the 600 and what year is the 750 that the parts are from?? if its the same model year the rake would be the same. but if the 600 is earlier than of the parts, it will be off. as for the brake light still being on, the pressure sensor is at fault.

again, the year of the 750 would help. but i believe that the 750 would have bigger rotor diameter so the brake balance isnt that good....the rear tire will lock up more than it already does...

but since its a motorcycle, the brakes will be front biased anyway so just feel out the rear brakes and know when it locks up.

but like i said, what is the year of the 600 and the 750 to know things in detail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts