Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this should be a sticky, so that all members can see it.

Where can you get the best insurance quote for your motorcycle???

This is something that can help out a lot of people, including me :icon_lol:

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Try to use an Insurance BROKER, instead of just going to each website, thats what I did and got much lower rates.

United Marine Underwriters was one I used when shopping around.

Also, just time, call the companys, fill out the stuff online, talk to local dealerships.

Getting a good rate and good quality insurance isnt easy nomatter what you own, but its worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gieco Quoted me 2K a year for full coverage on a 08 RR
Progressive was better at $1700 year for the same coverage.
I went with Nationwide because they were at $850 a year for full coverage that was above the state minimums and that included adding full coverage on my 06 Yamaha Raptor 700R....

I would call them to see.

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 on the state farm i'm 28 married with no accidents $29 a month with $1000 deductable. $39 a month with a $500 dec. and that was 3 days ago i got the quote

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
State Farm all the way. They were the cheapest by far for the coverage I wanted. I pay $382 per year for 100/300/50 full coverage with a $500 deductable. Everyone else wanted at least $1000 up to $2500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good replies

My quote with Geico was more expensive than progressive's, I'll keep looking around, but it helps if you guys post how much you are paying and what type of coverage you're getting, I can see this thread being helpful for a lot of us motorcycle owners.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think this should be a sticky, so that all members can see it.

Where can you get the best insurance quote for your motorcycle???

This is something that can help out a lot of people, including me :icon_lol:
I work for State Farm, so I would like to tell you State Farm...but guess what...what is a quote for you is not a quote for your neighbor.

To get an insurance quote, companies take into account thousands of pieces of info. THOUSANDS. Two people would NEVER have the same quote. Therefore it is impossible to answer. Know this though.

Credit is important
Driving Record
Size of bike/car
Safety of said mode of transportation
Area
Zip Code
Annual Mileage
Etc. Etc. Etc.

State Farm does have some of the best base rates for motorcycles...so your starting rate is best, however the charges/discount are adjusted by these thousands of pieces of information...so...State Farm is your best bet to start with, but can't say it's the best for everyone.

If you're in IL...send me a PM

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try to use an Insurance BROKER, instead of just going to each website, thats what I did and got much lower rates.

United Marine Underwriters was one I used when shopping around.

Also, just time, call the companys, fill out the stuff online, talk to local dealerships.

Getting a good rate and good quality insurance isnt easy nomatter what you own, but its worth it.
I would never recommend a broker. You get what you pay for. I'll tell you one thing...I work in the biz, and State Farm is by far the best value and service (not necessarily the price)...end of story. Any insurance agent, at any company, will tell you that if they could do it all over again (getting in the biz), they'd go with State Farm if they could. There's a reason they're #1 and have been for 60+ years...its the service and value...which is what you want when your transferring your risk (home or auto or whatever) to someone. Would you give someone the keys to your house that you didn't trust?? That's what you're doing basically when you go to a broker or one of the little guys.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
State Farm was by far the lowest of the quotes I got....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Insurance varries so much from company to company that you really must shop around and get the best rate. Insurance Company X may be priced well for Rider J, but when Rider R checks it, Company X wants to charge a grip. I checked out the usual Geigo, Progressive and a few others, but ultimately I went with State Farm. I've had State Farm on my 4-wheeled vehicles since I first started driving, and can say with out hesitation that their coverage for claims is excellent. I've never had to fight with them, and feel well covered.

2007 CBR600RR. 23 years old, absolutely spotless record, good credit. Through State Farm I pay $386/year for full coverage, minus medical and towing:
50/100/50 Liability
50/100 Uninsured Motorist
$500 Comprehensive
$500 Collision

·
Registered
22 Posts
Being a first time bike owner...I shopped around for insurance prior to purchasing my '07 600RR..The best rate I found was with State Farm, who I have been with for about 10 yrs now. $1300 for the year on the bike. No medical coverage, and state minimum only. Geiko and progressive were ridiculously high. I mean like $7200+ per year. I about fell out when they quoted me that. I also have no tickets on my record.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
State farm

You guys were right!!! I just got off the phone with State Farm, by far the best quote, my 06 600rr and my 02 accord $109 full coverage :icon_lol:

Had to get it, thanx everyone.

The Scorpius

·
7,274 Posts
Call around and get quotes from NUMEROUS state farm agents.
they pretty much go off the same system, i sent for quotes to 3 agents and they were all the same... i went with the sf office that had the best email customer support :)

·
Banned
120 Posts
they pretty much go off the same system, i sent for quotes to 3 agents and they were all the same... i went with the sf office that had the best email customer support :)
keyword: call.

They will all have different rates as they will always be competitors with other agents. whether it be a mere ten dollar difference. Online quotes aren't the same.
I was quoted $167/mo. through the closest agent to me. Called a different agent in the next town and got it for $103/mo.

·
7,274 Posts
keyword: call.

They will all have different rates as they will always be competitors with other agents. whether it be a mere ten dollar difference. Online quotes aren't the same.
I was quoted $167/mo. through the closest agent to me. Called a different agent in the next town and got it for $103/mo.

they in fact where done on-line - yes, but they were done through email, a little different then just auto-quotes... and i did call 2 of them just to double check and the amounts where the same... maybe different areas have different ways they quote - not sure.... i'm pretty happy at a little over $500 per year for full coverage with pretty high limits....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts