Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is another thread along these lines, but i was curious about ideas for my situation. i am currently paying 16% interest on my loan for my bike, i understood this upon signing my contract. the reason i agreed to this was because by financing through honda it was the only way to be able to get my first bike, ergo taking the kick to the nuts in the form of 16% interest. any ideas on how to get it refinanced without having to have a cosigner if possible..?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
there is another thread along these lines, but i was curious about ideas for my situation. i am currently paying 16% interest on my loan for my bike, i understood this upon signing my contract. the reason i agreed to this was because by financing through honda it was the only way to be able to get my first bike, ergo taking the kick to the nuts in the form of 16% interest. any ideas on how to get it refinanced without having to have a cosigner if possible..?
first, you will have to pay off what you are now upside down on -- the minute you took it off the lot you where a couple grand upside down on the loan.

and then probably a bit more - as a coushin, as alot of banks will not finance 100% -- esp if you dont have pristine credit.

and then talk to banks.... credit unions are often a good choice as well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
credit union will be your best bet... you can go to them and explain your situation and they can tell you the best way to transfer the loan..

16% is not that bad if you are looking to shop around and not need a cosigner..

if you are having a problem getting a cosigner... you are gonna have a problem getting a financial institution trust you and give you a favorable loan(thats where the high % is at)

with credit... you gotta pay to play unfortunately. 16% is not bad when companies are putting people on 22-30% APRs.

good luck.. and like i said, Credit Unions is going to be your best bet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts