Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im going to be getting a Micron Dual Port slip on here soon and I was planning on getting a PCIIIusb too. I was planning on having it custom mapped by a local place here. My question is... If Im going to get it custom mapped, do I really need the PCIII? Couldnt he just hook up to the fuel injector computer and program it directly? I dont plan on changing the exhaust or anything so its not like I'll need to be changing maps or anything.

Also, is it ok to ride the bike briefly after getting the exhaust, but before getting it custom mapped?

I hope these arent dumb questions. Im kinda new to this part of it.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
you mean like program the ECU? no you need a HRC ecu for that.
the ecu has a set fule maps, the pciii piggybacks unto it and changes the current values and thus flows more or less fuel, this is why they plug in between the injector and the stock injector harness.

·
19,904 Posts
my advice, DONT get a micron. the only crap they make worth a damn is their full system, i'd go with yoshi before a micron, anyday...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the Micron probably wouldnt be my first choice, but I do like the looks of them. The main reason Im going Micron is that Ive read that theyere the least loud of all of them. Im developing hearing problems from being a musician for 20+ years and the less loud noises Im exposed to, the better. Ive read about the damage loud exhast causes to the rider after long periods of exposure and I dont need any more stuff messing up my ears if I can help it.

Id get a Jardine or Akrapovic if volume wasnt an issue.

·
19,904 Posts
earplugs make a world of a difference, i have a Jardine RT-1 and its a fact that it is one of the loudest on the 1000RR, and with earplugs the whole riding experience is soo much better.

thats all microns are good for tho, matching colors.. fukdat.. get a box of ear plugs and make some damn noise... if theyre good enough for shooting and airflight crew, theyre good enough for us riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts