Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to loosen the exhaust on my 05 cbr600rr to get the side heat shield off? I have a yoshi RS-5 slip on if that helps. I tried taking it off one morning and I couldn't get it to slide out so I could use some advice from someone who's done it before.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I just changed my exhaust on the 2013 and there was no need to remove the exhaust for removing the side heat shield. As 05 could be different I suggest you to take some exhaust instructions from akrapovic, yoshi or any other brands and you will discover how to do it :thumbup:
I hope that this helps out

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
there's a little tab that you have to wiggle to get it to pop out, then the shield will come right out... no need to remove the exhaust (you might have to remove the right side rearset but I can't remember)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's a little tab that you have to wiggle to get it to pop out, then the shield will come right out... no need to remove the exhaust (you might have to remove the right side rearset but I can't remember)
Ok yea I think I need to remove the rear set to get it out but I'll have to find that tab so it'll come out as well it did seem to be stuck on something. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
here's a pic of the tab I was talking about, shouldn't give you much trouble once you have the rearset off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts