Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm planning on getting the scorpio i900 and i heard something that it drains the battery. anybody know anything about that and yes i have tried searching the threads, there were so many so i jsut started a new one

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Since it's constantly on it will drain your battery (obviously) but I haven't heard that it's fast. Get a battery tender and hook it up once a week or so and you should be fine.

Also might want to consider getting a second keychain, funny story about a member having to disconnect his with the alarm blaring because his sister took off with his primary key.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
hey i'm planning on getting the scorpio i900 and i heard something that it drains the battery. anybody know anything about that and yes i have tried searching the threads, there were so many so i jsut started a new one

As Chris22783 Said you will get some draw, since it's always on.
But, as long as your not leaving your bike for weeks at a time, no issues.

If it's going to be sitting somethwere for a while (Winterized, or multiple weeks) you should put it on trickle charge, or disconnect the alarm, so you don't crap out the battery

http://www.hardracing.com/scorpio.htm

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I didn't ride my bike for like 1 and a half week and it drained my battery completely.

Very Strange.
We have one of our Shop bike sitting at our store sometimes for 2-3 weeks and never an issue with the Alarm Installed.
Once we hit about 4 + weeks, the battery needs charging to turn over the bike.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
My bike has sat with my i600se in it for over a month. I have HID's on my bike as well...
She cranks right over with my 05 stock battery again and again :)
No starting issues whatsoever man.
And wouldnt you rather your bike be safe?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I didn't ride my bike for like 1 and a half week and it drained my battery completely.
Yea, it could be a week battery as well.
Usually at 3 years the bikes OEM Battery starts to crap out.
If you still have the OEM, that could be why it's dead after only 10 days. :icon_spid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts