Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting a 600rr within 6 months and i have a question about stabilizers. Do you think i would need it in a 600? What makes stabilizers so expensive they look like a small hydraulic that cost the manufacturer 5$ to make. Im going to most likely put a stunt cage on the bike

·
Registered
966 Posts
Does telling us your putting a stunt cage on it mean its getting stunted or just a random bit of info thrown in?
No, you don't need one. They are expensive because people keep paying large amounts of money for them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So im getting a 600rr within 6 months and i have a question about stabilizers. Do you think i would need it in a 600? What makes stabilizers so expensive they look like a small hydraulic that cost the manufacturer 5$ to make. Im going to most likely put a stunt cage on the bike
What year of 600rr are you getting? As far as I know 2007+ models have a built in electronic steering damper that automatically adjusts the amount of dampening based indicated speed and I think also the amount of front wheel deviation from center - that is to say the more the front wheel shakes side to side, the more dampening is applied. I agree with C. Chaos in that the oem dampener is the best in the industry, and has helped save me from a few full on tank slappers bouncing me off the seat.

If your bike is older than 2007, yes you should definitely get one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does telling us your putting a stunt cage on it mean its getting stunted or just a random bit of info thrown in?
No, you don't need one. They are expensive because people keep paying large amounts of money for them.
Its gonna be used for wheelies and for me dropping my bike and crashes. I dont know if this is cheap but i found a stunt cage for a gsxr 600 for 200$ on ebay. I am also in a welding course in my school and for one of the projects i can create anything i want so i was thinking of making a stunt cage, and if i end up buying another model then i would sell the stunt cage and buy a new one

·
Registered
966 Posts
Then yeah you probably want one

·
Registered
5,599 Posts

Buying a stabilizer/damper from a reputed brand does justify the money spent to an extent, especially if it ends up saving you from a tankslapper/crash.

They certainly don't take a block of aluminum, shape it and sell it to you. There is considerable R&D that goes into making these products. A long process of trial and error with different designs until they decide on a suitable prototype, test it and then launch it into the market.

We are not talking powdercoated heel guards here.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just to add here, no one mentioned the engineering involved with the dampening/ECU electronics for the 2007+ models. I say again, Honda has one of the best OEM electronic stearing dampers on the market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts