Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I am just trying to get some info about the riding down in San Antonio. I PCS this September so I am starting to get all my things in order and am trying to figure out my bike situation. I sold my CBR in Sept because there really just wasnt much street riding where I am now, mostly just long straight farm roads. So I bought a CRF 450. Now that I am moving I was just trying to figure out if there is a lot of riding down there and what type? Lots of motocross and dirt trails to ride on? Windy roads or mountains for street? How about the market for bikes (cheaper, more expensive or average)? Just trying to figure out if I should sell my current bike, keep it, buy a CBR, here or there? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a general idea of the riding down there since I have never lived in that part of the states. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So basically I am just trying to get some info about the riding down in San Antonio. I PCS this September so I am starting to get all my things in order and am trying to figure out my bike situation. I sold my CBR in Sept because there really just wasnt much street riding where I am now, mostly just long straight farm roads. So I bought a CRF 450. Now that I am moving I was just trying to figure out if there is a lot of riding down there and what type? Lots of motocross and dirt trails to ride on? Windy roads or mountains for street? How about the market for bikes (cheaper, more expensive or average)? Just trying to figure out if I should sell my current bike, keep it, buy a CBR, here or there? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a general idea of the riding down there since I have never lived in that part of the states. Thanks for your input.
i'm from Dallas/Fort worth area but been through San Anton alot. I'm not for certain if there is alot of places to ride dirt down there, I know there's a wide variety of terrain that you could travel too though. I would DEFINITELY recommend another CBR though.

No mountains down here btw, all prairie and rolling hills! 200 feet above sea level and elevation changes of 50-100 ft are about all you'll typically get!

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Absolutely get another CBR and sign up at the link in my sig. we do south rides with people in SA all the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lots of good places to ride in the TX hill country. Good twisties. Not many places to ride dirt, almost all of Texas is private property so you have to know someone or pay $$$$.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No motocross tracks down there in SA? Well damn, maybe I will end up selling my CRF after all. Definitely gettin the itch to get back on the street though so one way or another I will pick up another street bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts