Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting some bolt-on swingarm extenders, but I wasn't sure what kind of quality to expect or how well they would hold up. They would be mainly for cosmetic purposes, I don't intend to do any type of serious racing. Any input would be useful.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I was considering getting some bolt-on swingarm extenders, but I wasn't sure what kind of quality to expect or how well they would hold up. They would be mainly for cosmetic purposes, I don't intend to do any type of serious racing. Any input would be useful.
My advice... don't.

IMO they look like crap, make the bike handle like a pig and are another failure point on the bike, and that particular area is under a lot of stress already.

If you have your heart set on it, buy a properly modified swingarm.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
What's more, aluminium has no plastic region and when placed under a cyclic load of any size it will develop stress fractures, why would you increase the likely hood of damage to the swingarm and put yourself at risk?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
fuk that man..... i say get them... also get some neon lights and chrome the entire bike out. including the fairings... fuk yeah. bling bling muhtherfukkers. youd be the talk of the town at every bike night...

dude, get a vance and hynes drag pipe to, and dont forgot the lowering links.... at least 3" all the way around.... thats what i would do.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
My advice... don't.

IMO they look like crap, make the bike handle like a pig and are another failure point on the bike, and that particular area is under a lot of stress already.

If you have your heart set on it, buy a properly modified swingarm.

yeah man, don't do it, there is so much WRONG about it. they look ******* stupid as hell too. there are other things you can do that will be worth your money. if you are, try not listening to rap music as much, it'll give a clearer frame of mind. focus on suspension mods or something of that nature, maybe get some decals for your bike instead, but don't ruin your nice unit pro-link swing arm. :shakehand

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
why are you guys hating on the drag scene? extend it, chrome it, light it up, (inhale). thats what im talking about.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
why are you guys hating on the drag scene? extend it, chrome it, light it up, (inhale). thats what im talking about.
If you intend on using your bike on a strip, I have absolutely no problem with an extended swing arm, but the OP said he want's it for cosmetic reasons...

Also it is a bad idea to get one of those bolt on ones, if you want one get a whole new swing arm or get yours professionally modified, including crack testing after welding.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
god damn you guys. ive been on since 2008 and i cant believe you think im serious. you both lose you whore rights for the night.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
god damn you guys. ive been on since 2008 and i cant believe you think im serious. you both lose you whore rights for the night.
I don't think your being serious... FOOL!!!:retard::spank: But the OP probably does...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I don't think your being serious... FOOL!!!:retard::spank: But the OP probably does...
hey, im not a fool..... well, ehh yeah ok i am.... but the op has been directed to the proper forum for all his questions in another thread he started about the same topic.............im a foolwhore.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Im gonna go out on a limb here. Its your bike, do what you want with it. You didnt buy it for everyone on here you bought it for yourself.

with that said, i will try to find out what kind of extensions my brother had on his bike. If i ever was to put them on my bike they would be the same ones he had. He was rearended while stopped at a light by a drunk girl in a civic doing about 60 mph. he had extensions and they held up a lot better than other parts of the bike.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
hey, im not a fool..... well, ehh yeah ok i am.... but the op has been directed to the proper forum for all his questions in another thread he started about the same topic.............im a foolwhore.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess the bike really was designed to operate to it's max potential as is. I'm probably not going to any type of major mods. I might lower it an inch or two, but thats mainly because I'm kinda short. I appreciate your advise.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
yeah, get use to the sarcasm around here...but you're correct about max potential as-is. All you really need to do is adjust the suspension to meet you riding style and our bikes can do wonders. And that extended swingarm will actually hurt the handling/cornering performance, stick with stock and you'll be happy, trust me.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
yana shiki i saw many people racing on it and no problems so far many 1000rr drag and a few 600rr's i wouldnt rock em but yana shikin is the one with no problems so far.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts