Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
What's a set valve?
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
lets try that pone again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Duh.. its right next to the muffler bearing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
tried to look it up, couldn't find anything on it. If it exists, it's top secret.
 

·
Get Jiggy with it
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Fantas said:
tried to look it up, couldn't find anything on it. If it exists, it's top secret.

just take off your right side fairing and remove the hyphenufanator valve and you'll see it...think its a 10 mm bolt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
We interupt useless post whoring and stupidity for some real info

A set valve is typically a valve that creates a "backpressure" in a vehicle's exhaust system (it typically is found in turbo chargers in modern vehicles) when a certain amount f pressure is reached there is a blow off. In high RPM vehicles like Formula cars and motorcycle the set valve would most likely only be used to in starting an extreme low speed air induction.


Short answer: No, the stock 600rrs do not have a set valve on the intake or exhaust.




Please resume the ignorance
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
steelrain said:
We interupt useless post whoring and stupidity for some real info

A set valve is typically a valve that creates a "backpressure" in a vehicle's exhaust system (it typically is found in turbo chargers in modern vehicles) when a certain amount f pressure is reached there is a blow off. In high RPM vehicles like Formula cars and motorcycle the set valve would most likely only be used to in starting an extreme low speed air induction.


Short answer: No, the stock 600rrs do not have a set valve on the intake or exhaust.




Please resume the ignorance
so he wanted to know if the RR has a wastegate basically, WTF??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone i just wanted to make sure cause my friends have gixxers and they all come with it stock....just wanted to see if the honda had one stock
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
are you talking about a breather valve for the crankcase?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
It's just an electronically operated valve that's computer controlled to optimize backpressure; it's what all the new 600's have...
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
is he talking about the PAIR valve
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Nope. The PAIR valve is comparable to a car's EGR valve.
sounds like what hes talking about, kinda.. thats why i asked. oh well he got his answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
snikwad said:
sounds like what hes talking about, kinda.. thats why i asked. oh well he got his answer.
Yeah, the difference is the SET valve controls the amount of back pressure allowed to build up. The PAIR valve controls the amount of recirculated exhaust gases back to the intake.
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
ahhhh... sound like they work together. all good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Think EXUP on Yamaha... Butterfly valve between the headers and midpipe that is supposed to increase low to midrange torque.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top