Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two cables that hook up to the throttle at the bar or flange, one on top of the other. I was looking at my lower one today and noticed the nut that secures the cable is not seated , while the top one is. Is this correct fitmet or are both nuts to be seated against the mount? I am not talking about the adjuster nut.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Both nuts are supposed to be tight against the throttle housing. They are lock nuts that keep the adjusters from moving once they have been set.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of what I mean. It is the lower one, the area circled in red...that nut is not seated. Is this correct or do I need to seat it? Please do not give assumptions. I want the correct answer for sure before I go tightening something. The bike came like this new.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
madbrown75 said:
yeah I'm dumb sorry, its the throttle b cable. I am not sure about your question though.
Hmm, possibly you can go look at your bike and compare? =-)

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I would but I am at work and my bike is at home. I didn't ride in today because I am leaving for Vegas right after work.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, well have fun in Vegas and win big!! =-) I hope another nice person on here can go look at their bike and see if it is to be seated or not. Otherwise, I'll go check out another bike local to me or one at the dealer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's seated, it's just seated at the end of threads. Thats the return cable,it makes sure the throttle closes when it twist back. The other nut is a lock not, it looks fine.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welldrilleRR said:
It's seated, it's just seated at the end of threads. Thats the return cable,it makes sure the throttle closes when it twist back. The other nut is a lock not, it looks fine.
Okay, so everything looks fine? I have taken that all apart on my previous Honda, which seems to be the same setup. I thought it was supposed to look like that...just had to double check. I wouldn't want to have that back out and lose throttle return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts