Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know the tires lean limit in a corner? I got some pp's and I was just doing circles in a parking lot practicing my form and lowsided. I was going maybe like 25 - 30 leanin pretty low and wanted to take it a little lower and the rear just slided out on me. But I was wondering if the tires are more stable in higher speeds because I was going fairly slow and wouldnt want that to happen at higher speeds. And could the lowside have been caused by my suspension?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Was there any sand, gravel, painted lines , etc that might have kicked out the back end? And what gear where you in? Maybe just too much torque if in a low gear. -e-

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st gear, theres some paint lines and sand on the sides but I was in the middle of the lot. Can paint really be that slick though? especially since I was goin that fast

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
well, it depends on your bike setup, scraping pegs is your limit, but not necessarily the tire's

just look at one cat did at his track day in spain...
and ive seen worse trust me...

you were not at youre limit, trust me... you lowsided for something else, gravel, bad position, throttle, who knows, think it over slowly and carefulyly, u can prolly figure it out.

how is the bike?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
what tire pressure are you running? you should be around 31/29 when leaning that much.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im at 35/35 and the tires have been scrubbed in, got like over 1k. The rear just slid out when went to lean in a bit lower. My positioning was good, throttle stable, so I dont know maybe the painted lines? I was thinking maybe I was going too slow for that lean

·
Registered
480 Posts
It was the paint, for sure its that slippery. Also low speeds in a parking lot mean low temp. Pegs def. dont mean the limit of the tire, thats why we buy aftermarket rearsets.

·
19,904 Posts
yeah of you went over paint, thats most likely the culprit.
Thats why even in the twisties i try my best to avoid it, hell that thing will slip under power with the bike standing up straight.

Have u ever looked at it? sometimes paint lines are almost a whole centimeter tall.

·
19,904 Posts
How is the bike?
how are u, what were u wearing?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the temp was good cause I was doing some twistys earlier and the torque wasnt much, I think I was at around 6k rpm. only going about 25 - 30

·
19,904 Posts
the temp was good cause I was doing some twistys earlier and the torque wasnt much, I think I was at around 6k rpm. only going about 25 - 30

shoudve been in 2nd, its less touchy.
1st is touchy at any speed.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o the bikes fine had the power rails on em but my vortex rearset got bent :(
and my hand got a little rashed since I wasnt wearing my gloves, so not bad

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but the parking lot is kinda small not alot of run off room so 2nd would be too fast and rpms would be too low

·
19,904 Posts
no gloves? wtf dude, we've taught u better than that.

ah, did the cage touch? remember them rearsets dont bend, so if they drag they wont be folding away, so the solid peg will hurt traction, which was already hurting because u were in touchy 1st gear...

·
19,904 Posts
but the parking lot is kinda small not alot of run off room so 2nd would be too fast and rpms would be too low
better too low, then u have to worry about carrying max speed with htose low rpm since youre off the powerband. This would probably help u spot shortcomings in your position since you wouldnt have that extra power on tap to assist you.

also, its less touchy...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but when its so low it doesnt feel as controllable cause it feels like it just glides ya know, but in first its more direct so easier to control

·
19,904 Posts
gliding thru turns teaches you proper form, cause if it aint right, u cant gas out of it, lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya but when I feel it gliding (at low rpms), it feels like it I try to lean it real low it'll just fall over ya know?

I forgot to mention that I was also putting alot of weight on the inner peg like almost all of it, is this not correct?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts