Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going straight down the road, riding with a passenger about to enter a driveway. As I approached it, it happened to be a curb, and the driveway was slightly to the right from where I thought it would be. I had no other choice but to slowly apply the brakes and attempt to go through the driveway by swerving to the right (swerving to the left or going straight, i would have ran straight into the curb). It was dark and didnt know the area to well, my fault for going so fast approaching a driveway... but lesson learned...:banghead:

I managed to make it through the driveway, but i ended up going over the left part of the driveway where it begins to slope up.

I heard a big *clunk* noise, so i stopped to check out what happened and the left side of my front rim is slightly bent.

It doesn't seem like any air is leaking, but i can feel the tire wobbling when I go about 30+mph.

Has anyone had a bent rim before? and is it fixable? or would i have to buy a whole new front rim?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, it's fixable. My front wheel bent a little, but it's still riding fine. I'm planning to fix it in the summer at the place where I used to fix my car's rims.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you plan on using this bike to it potiential. Meaning 130mph++++ I'd replace it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts