Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, got my old exhaust off with no big problems (except for a trip to Home Depot for a better T hex wrench for the rearset screws).

The Akra slip on comes with this anti seize copper paste that it says to put between the metal surfaces, but then just shows pics of putting it on the gasket and screw. Do I want to put the paste between the mid pipe and existing exhaust and in the space between the mid pipe and muffler as well?

I guess that would make sense to me but since I'm not sure...

Anyone know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yes, all metal to metal surfaces. You probably only really need it where the midpipe meets the header as thats the most common place for leakage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The copper paste isn't so much a sealant as it is an anti-seize agent.

Homer you know my story. But I actually didn't bother putting any on the clamp/screw. Just a thin layer on the mid-pipe connections.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It comes with two pastes. One is a ceramic which goes on metal to metal contacts.

The other is a copper paste which goes on the clamp. Read the directions carefully and do not over apply.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes with two pastes. One is a ceramic which goes on metal to metal contacts.

The other is a copper paste which goes on the clamp. Read the directions carefully and do not over apply.
Thanks. I already got it all installed last night. Pics later.

I only got one tube of stuff and it was the copper. The directions only mentioned the one tube too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts