Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought an 03 600rr about a week and a half ago and it has a moriwaki full system on it:thumbup: but im wondering if the ecu is stock is this putting out less than stock power since the afr is off now or is it just not reaching its full potential? thanks in advance for answers

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Power Commander

You will need a Power Commander, if you haven't already got one, to make any adjustments to the Air-Fuel Ratio. Running a full system without one is not recommended.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely want that and i want a dyno tune as well. I just dont have money for it right now. But is my power decreased at all not having one. Also that brings up another question. I know my mileage is hurt without it being in tune but is it bad for my bike or is is just bad for performance?

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Power Commander

Running a full system without any sort of fuel management system is generally not recommended. It can cause damage to the engine due to the fuelling being either far to rich or simply to lean. Power output therefore maybe be detrimentally affected. Either way it is unlikely to be running as efficiently as it would with mapping and you run the risk of causing damage to the engine with prolonged usage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts