Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only way to install a good set of frame sliders is to cut the fairing? becasue i seen ones on ebay that they were not cut frame sliders are tehy any good?

·
Registered
721 Posts
search function or google and read. try it. it works wonders.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Heres the thing about no cut frame sliders..... They utilize brackets that extend out from the bolt on point, not the best design. If you were to go down and put some force on the sliders, the brackets usually buckle and cause more damage. I suggest woodcraft, they have really done a good job at developing a strong design, I have tested the woodcraft sliders personally on my last bike. People have gone down multiple times and still use the sliders (like me!) They are straight from the point of attachment with no brackets, this creates a stronger design and will not cause significant damage like the no cut sliders. Woodcraft sliders also do not stick out very far, which can help prevent the sliders grabing imperfections and flipping the bike as easily. Parts are easy and cheap to replace as well. Just my .02.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yes cut them as ^^^^^^^ says the no cuts usually do more damage than good bw the bracket bending and sometime will crack the frame its self so just cut them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts