Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new or used? and where are u buying them?
Used.

I got into a wreck not to long ago an have damaged my fairings so one of my friends buddy turned his bike into a track bike now he has these fairings sitting around, he quoted me a price and I laughed. I have a max offer set in my head but I want a third party opinion before I follow through.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a max offer set in my head but I want a third party opinion before I follow through.
I have also been looking into replacing my damaged OEM fairings and come to find out a mint set of OEM fairings cost a pretty penny. I have seen some go for at least over 1k! So whatever your buddy said, might be the going price for a set an OEM set.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1k seems to be about average for the standard colors, some might want more for graffiti because it was "limited" - personally I think that's way too high and you should just get an aftermarket set.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1k seems to be about average for the standard colors, some might want more for graffiti because it was "limited" - personally I think that's way too high and you should just get an aftermarket set.
1k is my max offer for the graffiti fairings, he quoted them to me for 1400. I told him 900 cash, so now i'm waiting on a call back to see if he bites on the offer.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good luck. If he parts it out let me know, I just put a new set of oem red fairings on mine for the meantime. I need right upper and mid and tail. If I can get those I'll make a deal with you for the red if your interested. As of now they have roughly eight miles on them. 1400.00 is good if they are in new or like new condition.

·
Registered
344 Posts
try to find matching parts, get the price from new OEM and take off about 40% and check the classifieds/eBay - i'm sure you can find them selling as a set from someone

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
1400.00 may be a good price for a MINT used set, but you could find a set for way cheaper. If you can get him to agree on 1000.00 go for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I got the graffiti plastics for 1k, I am pretty stoked about that! Woot!

$1400.00 is what the dealer would charge for all new fairings - without decals. The decals are several hundred dollars over the cost of the fairings. If you got him to come down $1000.00, that is not bad if they are perfect. For new you can do a little better at Ron Ayers, but not alot better. A single grafitti decal for one mid-fairing goes for $90-100.00. I just priced one so I know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts