Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question on purchasing a warranty

Lets say I find a 07 CBR with 780 miles. I have the opportunity to buy a 2 year warrenty for $540. I only forsee me putting 10,000-15,000 miles on it in two years, would it be worth it to purchase the warrenty or just save the money for other things?

·
Registered
606 Posts
no.

i contemplated on purchasing an extended warranty and later found out that its almost a complete waste of $$$ to buy warranty for our bikes

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
One thought.......if you get the 4 year Honda extended warranty......it comes into play when you go to trade or sell the bike. It gives the buyer confidence in buying a used bike. Probably get you enough extra for the bike to pay for most of the warranty. My dealer basically gave me $500 extra on a trade after 3 years....since there was two years warranty left on the bike. I guess a lot depends on how long you are planning to keep the bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends if its from HONDA directly and not a 3rd party! But honestly I would say its not worth it, our bikes don't generally have huge problems if taken care of. But hey if its gonna make you sleep better at night go right ahead!

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT OF WHAT IT ACTUALLY COVERS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an actually Honda warranty, I called the dealership and talked about some of the specifics and he basically described it as a factory 2 year warranty. I also plan on keeping this bike for longer then the warranty would last. The salesman honestly told me that he see's very few bikes come in and have stuff covered by the warranty. It doesn't cover tires, brakes, clutch and things like that. After taking in all of these factors, I think I'm just going to skip it. If I have questions about how to fix something, I'll just stop buy this site!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got the 4 year, cause I figure I'll have the bike at least that long. At this point, I haven't had a single problem with it. It's exactly a year old now. We'll see what happens over the next 3 yrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts