Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I got Leo Vince installed on my bike today. I have two questions about it: -

1. It didn't fit with the heat shield so I had to take that off. Is it going to be okay? Or there's some way that it can and should fit.

2. A lot of nuts and bolts that came with the pipe were unused. Is that normal? Or I have done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Heatshields aren't an issue, should be fine.

The nuts and bolts are there for a reason, did you use OEM replacements? Your best bet is to email LeoVince and ask them about the pieces you didn't use, in case your exhaust slips off the bike and goes wandering alone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't use OEM. But I didn't see any place where unused screws could go. Exhaust looks pretty sturdy. It's hard to explain cause instructions in the manual are super lame and those nuts/bolts are not marked with part #.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you should be fine without it, i took it off when I installed my akrapovic slip on, No issues and it looks better without it , and just wrapped the pipe with titanium wrap for the heat issue.

As for the nuts and bolts I'd call/email Leo vince like Rad Rage said.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also think you will be fine. I left the heat shield off of mine too when I replaced the exhaust. As far as the extra hardware, I have a buddy who installed a Leo Vince and we had some bits and pieces left over from his too and it still seems to be holding up lol. literally.

Reactions: cal_pb

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also think you will be fine. I left the heat shield off of mine too when I replaced the exhaust. As far as the extra hardware, I have a buddy who installed a Leo Vince and we had some bits and pieces left over from his too and it still seems to be holding up lol. literally.
Yea the only reason I can think of is that they ship nuts and bolts for all possible bikes that exhaust can fit into. But again I'm not sure if this one fits any other bike. Or maybe they have only one package that includes nuts for all pipes they make.

I think I have more than 'just a few' leftover and some of them look really important. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea the only reason I can think of is that they ship nuts and bolts for all possible bikes that exhaust can fit into. But again I'm not sure if this one fits any other bike. Or maybe they have only one package that includes nuts for all pipes they make.

I think I have more than 'just a few' leftover and some of them look really important. :)
:+1:^^^^^^what he said. As for the heat shields you will be fine. They do look better without them, but you will feel a little more heat than normal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
chances are they probably gave you a few extra nuts/bolts. just triple check your work for something you may have missed. as for the heat shields, they aren't a necessity. more so for your comfort. i have no heat shields so i wrapped my pipe with heat wrap. not only does it work better than a heat shield but it also looks bad a$$ IMO!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured out. I didn't use some nuts because I didn't know where they were supposed to go but after looking at a big picture on Leo Vince website, now I know. Now I'm not sure should I uninstall it and put them in place or just leave it as is. They are all spacers. Pipe is still sturdy without them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts