Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to CBR's but not new to riding. Anyways, I sat on a 2016 600rr and fell in love! Now being a smaller guy at 5'5, I was wondering if there were any previous model years that were either narrower or shorter? Reason being I'd like to get more foot down if possible. Thanks guys 馃榾

Registered
Ive got a friend that is about your height maybe shorter. He had a 2011 600 and got it lowered a little to make it more comfortable and he was happy with it.

Registered
Unless you are going to lower it via internal spacers I wouldn't recommend lowering IMO. But being 5'5" also just learned from a young age to just one foot lean, obviously do what you need to remain safe though.

Registered
I don't think the older models are any lower. If you look at the seat height specification they're about 31" high if I remember. I wouldn't lower the bike. It alter the behavior of the bike. I don't know if this theory applies to everyone but the more you ride, the smaller the bike feels.

Talking about street comfort, CBR600RR is known for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I was already planning to one foot the thing everywhere I go, but thought I'd ask to see if there were any years that were noticeably better for smaller riders. I guess not :p that's ok. Thanks guys.

Registered
You could also get an adjustable link to lower it for 6 months or a year until you get used to it and then put it back to stock height. I did that with an R6 I used to have (Yamahas are taller than most other models).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Registered
ive got a lowering link that came on my 2010 when i bought it. its not adjustable but it lowers it around 1 or 2 inches and should fit. shoot me a pm if you end up buying the bike. ill confirm it will fit and if so...give it to ya real cheap

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
See the thing about a lowering link although it will help is if have to take it in and get the front lowered as well to match. Think I may just suck it up and one foot it with half my ass off the seat lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts