Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved up here and the snowboarding season is coming up soon. i was wondering if there is any local mt. that is worth hitting up. if so, how far is it?

i cant wait to hit the snow again.

i wish i could keep my life simple and just ride my bike, snowboard, and have sex.

but if i dont work i cant do any of that :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
youve got 2 options....tahoe which is about 3 hrs drive or bear valley and dodge which is 2hrs or so. Tahoe has much more options though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats it.....tahoe has some of the best boarding in the country

·
Registered
411 Posts
i love riding tahoe...try to hit tahoe atleast 2 or 3x a season. Its great because there are a lot of different resorts up there. you can hit south lake or north lake. If you are into park id def hit sierra and northstar. If you like to have long cruiser runs then hit heavenly but make sure you get to know the trail map cuz you dont wanna be stuck in the flats. They have a nice park also.

Not sure how far you are from south lake but im sure you would be closer to the nothern resorts.

im in so cal so i hit the local mtns almost everday and mammoth probably 6 times a season and id love to be able to do all those day up in tahoe

·
Registered
385 Posts
Boreal is the closest resort to SF. Its not bad, good for snowboarding if you like hitting the parks.

They have a cheap season pass if youre in college too, and it doesnt take much digging through snowed in windy roads to get to, its right off i80 freeway so most any car can get there easily.

BTW u should join bayarearidersforum , great place to meet other local riders. Where around SF did u move to? I can take you around our local twisties if you arent familiar with em yet. Feel free to PM

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i moved to the sunset area.

thanks for the offer FriedKalamari, but i havent even had time to break in my bike yet. i got it in august and it has just a little over 100 miles on it. haha. i wish i had time to cruise around town. but right now work is so busy.

but ill be sure to hit you up when i have more time.

:beer:

Boreal is the closest resort to SF. Its not bad, good for snowboarding if you like hitting the parks.

They have a cheap season pass if youre in college too, and it doesnt take much digging through snowed in windy roads to get to, its right off i80 freeway so most any car can get there easily.

BTW u should join bayarearidersforum , great place to meet other local riders. Where around SF did u move to? I can take you around our local twisties if you arent familiar with em yet. Feel free to PM

·
Registered
385 Posts
i moved to the sunset area.

thanks for the offer FriedKalamari, but i havent even had time to break in my bike yet. i got it in august and it has just a little over 100 miles on it. haha. i wish i had time to cruise around town. but right now work is so busy.

but ill be sure to hit you up when i have more time.

:beer:
right on man, lemme know, i live in the villas park merced right by State. lots of great roads out here u gotta see while the weathers still awesome

·
Registered
841 Posts
roughly 3 hours to Tahoe. Dodge Ridge is just out of town past Sacramento. It is the least expensive and has a family reputation but there are some nice runs. Doable in a day, round trip, from SF. I believe lift tickets are 20 bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts