Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got my aftermarket fairings in from Kpowersports (will throw pics up & review after build is done) but i was wondering with OEM plastics under the tank & mids theres the foam...is that needed for aftermarkets? i know heat shielding the lowers but is the foam needed for heat shielding the mids & tank? And if so where to get?

Also question for ppl who bought bolt kits...do those little rubber/screw inserts come with? hard to explain the ones im looking at...but the ones that are either like pressed into the bolt holes in the plastic or the spacer like ones that u just screw into?

Sorry if theres a thread on this already but i was working on the bike & am running late for a meeting...just wanted to get this out there with it fresh on the brain. - THX N ADVAN -

·
Registered
302 Posts
For mine I did not install any of the foam found on the tank and under the ram air covers and didn't notice any difference in noise other than when the bike is not running you can hear the fuel sloshing around a little more.

It's going to be a good idea to install the heat shielding that cane provided with your kit(mine did) as the lowers are quite close to the headers and will more than likely melt or warp the paint if you don't.

For the little rubber screws (they are called well nuts FYI) The kit from kpowersports does not come with any hardware so you will need to reuse some of your stock hardware even if you use a kit from bikebolts.com (i did anyway).

Big thing is to be Patient when installing the fairings they don't fit like oem but they should fit quite well. Check out the link in my sig for more info. The tail will likely give you the most problems... Mine did anyway.

Best of luck and post lots of pics :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the little rubber screws (they are called well nuts FYI) The kit from kpowersports does not come with any hardware so you will need to reuse some of your stock hardware even if you use a kit from bikebolts.com (i did anyway).
so the bike bolt kit does not come with the well nuts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts