Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. the bike i just bought is lowered 2 inches in the back. when i put the kickstand down it sits like straight up. im scared im gonna walk out of work or somthing and its gonna be laying on the ground cuz it feels like it can just tip at any minute. Is this because of the lower back end? thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright. If i do do it how much should i cut it? start small? like 1/4 inch at a time? i actually dont want it lowered, can i raise it back up with the shock thats in there or do i have to get another stock one?

·
Registered
176 Posts
to lower a cbr requires a lowering link in the rear suspension - if you have the original suspension link (or know who does) it's a realtively easy swap to go back to stock - course the lowering link may have the stock location as an option on it too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to lower a cbr requires a lowering link in the rear suspension - if you have the original suspension link (or know who does) it's a realtively easy swap to go back to stock - course the lowering link may have the stock location as an option on it too
ill check my suspension today to see if it has the option of stock height. thanks for your help :five:

K

·
0 Posts
i doubt it will if it's been lowered... unless you have a $1500 shock in there.

K

·
0 Posts
and even then its only a +-10mm adjustment over stock.

all u need to put it stock is an OEM linkage.
10mm of shock adjustment exaggerated over the travel of the swing-arm equates to inches difference.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
10mm of shock adjustment exaggerated over the travel of the swing-arm equates to inches difference.
my Elka all the way up only sits 10mm higher than stock, and thats seat height.
so its less than a 1/2".
however the ride height adjustment is separate from the preload (sag) adjustment.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
see if you can take it to a dealer and have them cut do it. they can usually make it look pretty clean and it on them if they mess it up. btw, it will definitely fall over. i struggled with mine for a while before i finally gave up and got a shorter one

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have mine cut 1/2". my buddy did it for me in 15 minutes while I stay on my bike. He cut the bottom with the angle marked so you can't even tell it's been cut. :)

anyone interested I can show picture. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts