Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I got my permit awhile back and registered for my MSF course which happens next Mon-Wed. I own a 4speed clutch pocketbike thats pretty damn big, (http://www.pocketriders.com/view/hurl/1771/GS57-4-Stroke-110cc-Super-Pocket-Bike.html)
and I was just wondering for all you other riders that have been on a pocket bike, is it anything like a real bike? I can't wait to take the class and just wondered about this. This thing was hard to balance and ride staight at first but now I feel pretty good on it. Its about 110cc and its kinda slow, maybe you guys can chime in about 250cc real bikes. Sorry if this offends anyone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
err... thats kinda like a toy compared to regular street bikes. but i guess it would help a little. throttle control, shifting, that sorta thign. but if this was hard to control, i can only assume a bigger bike would be harder for u.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No offense man, but it's almost like the difference between a Power Wheels and a Dodge Viper. Or the difference between a styrofoam surfboard and a 9'0" longboard. Or maybe the difference between a cardboard box and a bobseld toboggan. Or maybe the difference between a Star Wars Boba Fett watch and a Rolex.

And if you still don't get it... sorta like the difference between a flat-chested girl and a chick with a nice pair of DD's. The latter just give you so much more to play with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you found that hard to Balance, then I believe a full sized motorbike will be harder, that thing doesn't way anything!!! A 600 RR weighs 360lbs

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The only thing guys is we have no idea what kind of suspension is on that bike. So we can't chalk all of his balance issues on him. With that being said, if you're thinking about getting an RR, don't. You're not ready for it. By yourself a used 250 and get the hang of a real bike before you jump on this one. Stay under 80Hp with whatever you buy for the first year or two. Too many guys want to run before they know how to crawl and in this sport that can be deadly. Forget about your friends and forget about your EGO. If you want to be the best rider you can be then get a bike that's best suited for you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah Red I unserstand your point, but suspension really can only make up so much he had a hard time balancing it. Even if there were NO Forks, it would just be a heavy Bicycle style suspension?

Correct me if I am wrong.

But like I was once told...Some people just aren't meant to ride.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Well let me put it this way, the trail, rake, weight distribution, and ride height have a lot to do with how stable the bike feels to the rider. Not to mention the tires. Maybe the tires had 12psi in them.
So with all of that unknown out there we can't say it was all his fault.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the balance issue is b/c of the size. It's only 2" tall. Anyway, a 250 ninja is what you want and you can get a used one pretty cheap.

Whatever you get...Ride Safe

·
Registered
103 Posts
NewRedRider said:
With that being said, if you're thinking about getting an RR, don't. You're not ready for it. By yourself a used 250 and get the hang of a real bike before you jump on this one. Stay under 80Hp with whatever you buy for the first year or two. Too many guys want to run before they know how to crawl and in this sport that can be deadly. Forget about your friends and forget about your EGO. If you want to be the best rider you can be then get a bike that's best suited for you.
+1. Well said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts