Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike about 2 weeks ago and I notice that after riding for a few hours my right hand becomes kinda num from the vibration of the engine....Is it just me or is that normal? Just wondering if anyone here also have the same kind of situation. And plus is there away to reduce the vibration so my hand can last a bit longer for the rides? Better and thicker gloves maybe?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't think its from the vibration, as its not too bad with the RR. My guess is riding position/technique is your problem. Get the weight off your wrists and let the blood folw to those hands. Grip the tank with your knees and yuse your legs and stomach muscles to hold up your weight.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yeah its the riding position... I had the same problem for the first couple of days. Get yourself a good pair of palm paded gloves and eventually you'll get used to the feeling.

·
Registered
353 Posts
In no time at all, the comfort will have you feeling sleepy while you ride.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yup....my hand goes numb too drives me nuts!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Do you ride with your fingers covering the brake? If so, try rotating the brake lever down a little. You hand might be falling asleep because your wrist is staying in a bent position for a long period of time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I always keep 2 fingers covering the brake and my right hand completely falls asleep on me!...It used to never happen on the R6 and i guess it's due to the different layout of the RR....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Stop every hour for a beer. Drink with you left. You may have to practice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
LOL when i go riding i just try and switch it up bit, arm position that is and when i am with a group and we have females with us, which being the RR pimps we are, we usually do, so we stop about every hour anyways :bounce:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I always had the same problem too, it was from the vibration I was getting in the right clipon. No amount of adjusting helped. It always got me at highway kind of speeds. I changed gearing to 15 45 (not for this reason) and when I went out with the new gearing I found I was no longer in the buzz zone as far as rpm when at highway speeds.
I could cruise without having to shake out my hand every 10 minutes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
From experience I have to say riding position. If your riding with fat chicks that put alot of weight on your back that might also be the problem. You may want to jetison them if they are onboard. Other than fat chicks you need to take some weight off your arms.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
corner worker said:
I don't think its from the vibration, as its not too bad with the RR. My guess is riding position/technique is your problem. Get the weight off your wrists and let the blood folw to those hands. Grip the tank with your knees and yuse your legs and stomach muscles to hold up your weight.
kool....thx...i will try that

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
umgrad76 said:
Do you ride with your fingers covering the brake? If so, try rotating the brake lever down a little. You hand might be falling asleep because your wrist is staying in a bent position for a long period of time.
Humm...i dont ride with my finger covering the brake but do u think i should try to cover the brake instead?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bull said:
From experience I have to say riding position. If your riding with fat chicks that put alot of weight on your back that might also be the problem. You may want to jetison them if they are onboard. Other than fat chicks you need to take some weight off your arms.
:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts