Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im kinda in the market for a bike in the next few months and i have been looking around the net. i found an ad for a 2005 cbr600rr for 1500 bucks and it really seems kinda sketchy. i figured id post up to hear what you guys say. either to me right now from the emails he has sent its a scam or theres something wrong with the bike. let me know what yall think thanks!

heres the ad:
http://novi.olx.com/beautiful-no-dents-no-dings-2005-honda-cbr-600-rr-iid-68365369

·
Registered
60 Posts
it would be dumb for him to sell it for 1500...accident or not its worth way more than that...SCAM what kind of stuff is he saying in emails

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
First, Where is the bike located?
Michigan listing, FL tag...FL Picture for sure with the tile roofs and palm trees and green grass.
If that's in FL let me know I will go pick it up right now.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
ill offer him 1600.. hahaha.. well besides it looks shady and what tripage said ''...Chrome Side Pegs to Prevent Bike Falling...'' please anybody that know something about bikes would say this

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Dude, come on!!! for the love ofGod...do you not have any sense at all?? NOBODY is gonna sell you a 2005 for $1,500 ..NOBODY!! matter of fact you can't buy a 2003 for that price.... don't let your "want" turn you into a douchebag with no common sense...

the description alone should turn you away
Chrome Side Pegs to Prevent Bike Falling
LMFAO I need to find me a set of those

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
you dont have to post the emails..it's bullsh!t ..I'm gonna bet he wants a Moneygram, right?? dude, just ignore the ad and move on, if that was legit the bike would have sold in about 15 minutes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he just sent me the VIN in an email here they are:

I can offer a safe deal for bought of us. I can use eBay security
because i want this deal to be safe. How? I will put the moto in
eBay custody i will pay all fees for transaction and delivery and i will send the moto
to you, i will give you the bill from eBay, after that you will be notified from eBay with all
information about payment and shipping, then you will send the money to one
neutral agent from eBay, and the moto will be in your hands in 3 days.
If you will accept this, you can keep the moto and eBay will release the money to me.
If you are not interested to keep the moto, eBay will give you the money back and
i will take back my moto.
If you are interested just let me know !

JH2PC37035M209222
my Honda CBR 600rr is in absolutely perfect condition,
no scratches,dings, dents or other imperfections.
Never accidented, Always garaged. Clear title, no leans.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
no.. thats not how it goes... he had the bike here in florida but now he lives in an island by australia for an oil company and cannot ride anymore and that the bikes is in a shipping company in michigan and the shipping is paid for and that he will send it and u would have 30 days to return it if there is something wrong with it. hahahaha

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a phone number.. Maybe they found the guys info vin/pictures from somewhere else..
I think chrome pegs and moto is giving it away. "They do no proper inglish with moto, Have him go out and take a picture of himself next to the bike. I bet his camera is broken too..

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
dude it's a scam...if you don't believe us then send him the money, and let us know how it goes so we can laugh even harder at you...IT'S A SCAM! Period!

do some research and you will see that this is not only a scam but a very typical scam...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
he just sent me the VIN in an email here they are:

I can offer a safe deal for bought of us. I can use eBay security
because i want this deal to be safe. How? I will put the moto in
eBay custody i will pay all fees for transaction and delivery and i will send the moto
to you, i will give you the bill from eBay, after that you will be notified from eBay with all
information about payment and shipping, then you will send the money to one
neutral agent from eBay, and the moto will be in your hands in 3 days.
If you will accept this, you can keep the moto and eBay will release the money to me.
If you are not interested to keep the moto, eBay will give you the money back and
i will take back my moto.
If you are interested just let me know !

JH2PC37035M209222
my Honda CBR 600rr is in absolutely perfect condition,
no scratches,dings, dents or other imperfections.
Never accidented, Always garaged. Clear title, no leans.
ebay does none of what he said, for sure scam.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
god i wish this was real i would drive out there right now haha.

you would be to late..if it was legit there would be 50 people at his house bidding higher.. and if you havent noticed, his post says Feb. but the comments go back to early January...just leave it alone

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
on top of being a scam...nowhere does he mention mileage

1 - 20 of 43 Posts