Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start this off, I love love love this bike outside of the previous owners screw ups. But the big thing is it's killing me. I can ride all day but it really wrecks my back and neck so I was thinking of getting an FZ-09. I was actually looking at this one in town long before I found my CBR but couldn't pull myself to do it. So what would you do in my position?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well...it's definitely true that super sports are not for everyone...

I for one embrace the strain/pain...I look at from the perspective of a workout...I swear to God this bike helps keep me lean...

Maybe stay conscious of your riding position while you are on the bike. Arch your back and focus on not hunching over so much...look at it as an opportunity to get better at posture!

A good, strong core always helps too...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Sportbikes are purpose built machines not really for driv8ng to your girlfriends house.

I can do 45 mins and hr with out any real discomfort but i am always moving around on the bike. I wont be buying another sportbike for the street ill be getting a up right or super motoard most likely the later and hopefully a electric one.

If your really uncomfortable and street is your top priority i would absolutely sell it imo

·
Registered
116 Posts
You need to figure out why exactly you're hurting. I could ride my bike all day long and aside from getting a little stiff, no real pain. Yet I road a friends V-Rod for about 30 mins and my back was killing me simply because I had horrible posture on the thing and couldn't find a posture that was comfortable and gave me confidence in my ability to control it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can relate to what everyone here says. I'm 40 and not exactly in perfect shape so I feel it in my core after a ride. 1 hour stints are about the most I want to do on my '04, then I'm ready to be done. It's not a comfortable riding position for me, but I am so addicted to the power and handling that I can't see myself changing bikes yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can relate to what everyone here says. I'm 40 and not exactly in perfect shape so I feel it in my core after a ride. 1 hour stints are about the most I want to do on my '04, then I'm ready to be done. It's not a comfortable riding position for me, but I am so addicted to the power and handling that I can't see myself changing bikes yet.
I'm in the same boat. 40 years old, etc...Been considering getting an Aprilia Tuono 1100. More upright position, plus loads of power :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another 40 year young guy here. When I first got the bike it hurt a bit but not so much anymore. I keep a backpack with certain things in it like a brake lock wrapped up in a sweatshirt, and some other bike related stuff. When I ride to work I have workclothes and workboots. With the backpack fully loaded I feel some strain but not so bad. My dad is a lifelong Harley guy and when I ride his 2014 Street Bob, my body really hurts. My shoulders kill me on that bike. Kind of ironic. The CBR is very comfortable for me. I am a pretty skinny dude, 5,8 140 and I am a roofer so I am not in the worst shape. I like to think of it as a workout too because after leaving home at 5am busting my ass till about 5pm and then rifing home a real workout workout is just out of the question.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll be 40 later this year. Sure doesn't seem like I should be that old already. Although after sitting on the couch for to long I feel like I'm 80 trying to stand up, damn motorcycle wrecks. ha!

·
Registered
479 Posts
The more frequently I ride on curvy roads, the less back pain I experience. I have also noticed that many sportbike riders who live by greater amounts of straight roads end up selling their bikes more quickly after purchase than those sportbike riders who live by greater amounts of curvy roads.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The more frequently I ride on curvy roads, the less back pain I experience. I have also noticed that many sportbike riders who live by greater amounts of straight roads end up selling their bikes more quickly after purchase than those sportbike riders who live by greater amounts of curvy roads.
Complete agree 45 mins on the highway i hurt. Corner carving i dont even notice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm only 19 so that's kind of sad. My back isn't that bad but it's mostly my neck and knees. I do a lot of just riding around town so I sit up at the lights. I don't know, maybe I'm just not using the right posture.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'm only 19 so that's kind of sad. My back isn't that bad but it's mostly my neck and knees. I do a lot of just riding around town so I sit up at the lights. I don't know, maybe I'm just not using the right posture.

Have you had any injuries or previous medical history of any body pain?

If you don't, you should not have any issues riding a sportbike at 19yrs old. Look up youtube videos of how to ride a motorcycle properly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im 25 and I did have a little bit of neck strain in the beginning. But I got over that pain and any other weird feelings I had at first. Only problem right now is the seats. My butt cheeks feels sooo sore after an hour of driving to work

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im 25 and I did have a little bit of neck strain in the beginning. But I got over that pain and any other weird feelings I had at first. Only problem right now is the seats. My butt cheeks feels sooo sore after an hour of driving to work
i am 26, my ass is also sore after a long ride. pretty sure thats normal lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
could those those with neck pain be due to helmets? i dont know how much of a drag coefficient difference there is between a race/sport helmet designed for 3/4 riding to full tuck vs a helmet that is meant for upright riding but being used on a ss. i would imagine there is more resistance on the traditional helmet in our riding position. but how much i have no idea. I am no engineer so i may just be talking out of my ass lol.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i bought an fz07 a little over a month ago. that being said...DO IT! if you dont have the luxury of keeping the cbr and getting the fz then def sell it and get the fz. its a spectacular bike and you will never look back

·
Registered
874 Posts
i am 26, my ass is also sore after a long ride. pretty sure thats normal lol
23 year old checking in. I can confirm that ass, neck, and back hurts after just 1 hour of riding.

Pretty sure it's not your age!

OP- I would recommend you just buy an FZ 09 or some sort of other upright motorcycle, if it really bothers you that much.

For me personally, I like the seating position and even though it hurts me I just deal with it, the bike is worth it in my eyes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts