Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the 07-08 owners who race or do track days. Do you guys use the standard HESD or go with a aftermarket damper? I'm looking at getting a 07 for next season and I want to hear from other owners.

G

·
HESD is all that's pretty much used. There's only one or so aftermarket dampers out there because of the HESD.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i know there has been a few times that i have went into a corner a little hot and felt like the HESD was fighting me but that may have been a good thing.

if i was going to spend another 400 bucks on my track bike, i would get a GPR.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I use the HESD only because there's no clean way not to other than the HRC damper and ECU. I wish there was a mount for a Scotts/Ohlins rotary and you could unplug the stock one without the light. I guess the workaround is to break the solenoid out of the stock damper and leaved it plugged in.

The stock HESD does do its job, I just feel like I have to fight it too much.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like I stick with the HESD when the time comes. It would be better for me anyway that way I can spend that money on a slipper clutch. I plan on racing in WERA medium and heavy weight solo's and maybe B & C superbike sprints next year so I only have to retain the stock chassis and engine cases everything else is open. I was keeping my 03 supersport legal ,but they run supersport and superbike together in the solo's so might as well have more mods!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i know there has been a few times that i have went into a corner a little hot and felt like the HESD was fighting me but that may have been a good thing.

i know that exact same feeling with the HESD but i like it. It made the bike somewhat forgiving when I made a few mistakes riding before.

I dont think i'll be upgrading to the GPR until I get hardcore into trackdays and actually get good enough to need it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've got the GPR v4...it works well but has not been reliable. The seals blew out twice. GPR customer service was good....free rebuild and then replacement the 2nd time it happenned. I've got my fingers crossed that the replacement will last.

They also provide a connector for the stock harness to disable the warning light...again, unfortunately it doesn't last. I just ride with the HESD warning on now. It doesn't cause any problems.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
I run HESD and it hasn't been a problem for me. you can put an aftermarket damper on if you want. Just have to be creative. Though many say HESD is a little stiff at higher speed, you also have to remember that on slower tighter stuff it's a dream.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I'm pretty convinced to stick with the HESD now :01_thumbu

1 - 15 of 15 Posts