Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask those with 07 and 08 RR's, particularly those who came from an 03-06 RR. If you could comment on the riding position..

I recently sold my 06RR and starting to shop around for a good deal on an 07. I have yet to actually sit on the newer RR.. You know how it is.. I wanna make absolutely sure about a few things before I set foot in the dealership. Everything that I've read about the 07+'s sounds awesome.. Actually haven't heard anything really bad said about them. I do have a few gripes about my former 06 and wanted to compare those issues to the 07+.

Riding position.. I understand the 07+ has better ergonomics with the bars raised a little higher. Would you say it's noticeable or still a pain in the wrists and lower back on long rides? I've looked a videos and pics of people on 07+ and they appear to be sitting up a little more comfortably.

The Under tail Exhaust.. Is that still making the seat noticeably warmer on hot days? Sometimes my boys were sweating :icon_lol: the seat got so hot..

Also the 06 Fairings seemed to vent a lot of engine heat right on my legs.. Is that still the case on the new RR's?

Well, thank you very much for taking the time to answer these couple questions..

Ride safe out there!
B.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I cant really comment on the comparison between the 06 to 07 but it seems that when my fans kick on the heat is pushed outward, not back to me. I took the heat shields off too and have never really thought 'wow my seat is really hot' but maybe thats just different based on different people.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I rode my friend's 07 and I honestly didnt notice anything different about the riding position. This is the first time Im hearing that the 07 has better ergo's but maybe if I had kept in mind when I rode his bike I would have been more aware to find some differences. But for comparison sake, I really didnt.

I might be considering an 07/08 but ONLY because that white/silver and orange/black combo's are so hot. Otherwise I personally dont see the need to get an 07/08. They are great bikes though and won every single sportbike shootout

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm about 5'10 and I guess short arms so I found myself leaning over a good bit on my 06 and after a while the heat and arm fatigue got to me.. I swore that the next bike I got would be a more upright street fighter style.. When I heard that Honda built the 07+s with the street rider in mind, realizing that 90+ % of 600RR's sold would never see the track and thus they made the riding position a little less aggressive. I was very curious how they felt. I've heard folks say they feel like the newer RR's they sit IN and the older ones that sat on top of.. I can relate to that analogy because I've felt the same way about my 06.. that I'm sitting ON TOP of it not in it..

Just an observation.. Not hating on the 06's at all!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
cool man, whatever your most comfortable with is what matters. What color combo did you have in mind though?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to say.. Probably if it's a 2007 I'd go with the Pearl White/Silver one.. The 08's I'd say from the pics the Red/Black one looks cool but everything subject to seeing in person..

Well, I got preapproved through Honda Finance and requested some quote info from a local dealership.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The clip ons on the 07 are only 1 cm higher than before.. it's a tiny difference, but somewhat noticeable.

I'm surprised that someone who is 5'10" has trouble reaching the bars. I find the RR's bars nice and close. They are low but being closer helps a lot. A friend of mine who is a bit shorter also complained about wrist pain, but I have not experienced any. I am also 5'10" and ride an 06.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The clip ons on the 07 are only 1 cm higher than before.. it's a tiny difference, but somewhat noticeable.

I'm surprised that someone who is 5'10" has trouble reaching the bars. I find the RR's bars nice and close. They are low but being closer helps a lot. A friend of mine who is a bit shorter also complained about wrist pain, but I have not experienced any. I am also 5'10" and ride an 06.

I thought I read the bars were 10mm Higher. which is just about .39 inches. I guess that's not that significant if thats truly the correct figure.

I'm sure I contributed to my wrist pain on my 06 with using poor riding technique.. Too much wax on my tank and no stomp grips so I didn't use my legs much thus the arm/wrist fatigue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
10mm = 1cm

I thought I read the bars were 10mm Higher. which is just about .39 inches. I guess that's not that significant if thats truly the correct figure.

I'm sure I contributed to my wrist pain on my 06 with using poor riding technique.. Too much wax on my tank and no stomp grips so I didn't use my legs much thus the arm/wrist fatigue.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah so is it for certain 1cm or 10cm? because honesty, why all the kudos about the ergonomics and the bars being raised for comfort if were only talking 1cm? That's NOT enough to notice.. you can barely see that on a ruler. LOL. Now if were talking 10CM then that would be a significant difference.. So which is it?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah so is it for certain 1cm or 10cm? because honesty, why all the kudos about the ergonomics and the bars being raised for comfort if were only talking 1cm? That's NOT enough to notice.. you can barely see that on a ruler. LOL. Now if were talking 10CM then that would be a significant difference.. So which is it?
10 cm would make it a chopper.. it's definitely 1 cm.

That, coupled with a narrower seat and i think slightly lower pegs make it "more ergonomic". Of course this is all relative to the supersport class, where all the other bikes are quite aggressive.

You might want to look at different bikes if wrist pain is a major factor for you.

Also, ride with your toes on the pegs so you have 3 anchor points on the pegs and seat and that will take the pressure off your wrists. When you're riding, your arms and elbows should be quite relaxed so someone would be able to slap one of your arms off the bars.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
1)..Riding position.. I understand the 07+ has better ergonomics with the bars raised a little higher. Would you say it's noticeable or still a pain in the wrists and lower back on long rides? I've looked a videos and pics of people on 07+ and they appear to be sitting up a little more comfortably.

2)...The Under tail Exhaust.. Is that still making the seat noticeably warmer on hot days? Sometimes my boys were sweating :icon_lol: the seat got so hot..

3)...Also the 06 Fairings seemed to vent a lot of engine heat right on my legs.. Is that still the case on the new RR's?

Well, thank you very much for taking the time to answer these couple questions..

Ride safe out there!
B.
im guna answer some questions cuz i have an 06 currently and i ride my friends 07 a lot..

1)riding position is better. the front of the seat has been trimmed down and feels a lot more natural. as far as ur pain in ur wrists and back, work on ur hand position to get pain out of ur wrists and it should help ur back..

2) dude its summer, ur guna sweat. suck it up..

3) dude u are straddling an engine, its not guna get much cooler..

i bet if u were wearing ur gear u wouldnt be complaining about the heat from the bike.. gear up and sweat a lil out.. like Moe says, 'sweat is cheap, blood is expensive'

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hard to say.. Probably if it's a 2007 I'd go with the Pearl White/Silver one.. The 08's I'd say from the pics the Red/Black one looks cool but everything subject to seeing in person..

Well, I got preapproved through Honda Finance and requested some quote info from a local dealership.
dude honda financing can be trouble if u dont know what ur doing.. also im not sure how many new 07's u will find at a dealership (i think honda financing only works on new stuff).. HONDA FINANCING IS THE SAME AS A HIGH INTEREST CREDIT CARD.. so be careful.. just make sure u read all of the fine print and ask lots of questions..

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
if your wrists are hurting, you're not sitting on the bike properly. you need to be putting more weight on your stomach/pegs/lower back/ass. i've never had a problem feeling any heat on my seat on the '04 with my two bros exhaust.... fairings putting heat on your legs? dude, THERE IS AN ENGINE THERE! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? wear some pants if it's such a problem. i think a lot of your complaints are just a bunch of whining about what a sportbike is. it's a sportbike, not a couch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for all the kind feedback folks.. and for the record I wasn't whining.. They were just observations that I never said were killing me one way or the other.. I was just curious if what I considered an annoyance was still there or not.. My 06 suddenly seemed to run very hot because for the first year and a half I never noticed heat on my leg like I did the last 6 mos I had it.. I dunno, maybe it started running leaner with the Yoshi I had.. Whatever though.. NO biggie..

Thanks Stu-Pac for the heads up about the Honda Fin.. It's supposed to be fixed rate but I will certainly get the details of it when I sit down with someone. As far as the 07's.. Your probably right.. their long gone.. LOL.

I'm sure I can do alot about my wrist fatigue. I got lazy and started resting my weight on my arms. I"m sure some stomp grips will fix that and help me to learn to use my legs and stomach more.

THanks again!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
flush + replace your coolant, get a PC III with a dyno tune if you have a pipe.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey DysanRR, you may surprise yourself and find some left over 07s. Our two dealers here have a total of 5 left over 07s. Of course around where I live and ride Ive only seen a total of 3 other cbrs around.

·
Registered
452 Posts
1). I can't compair the riding positions, as I don't have a great deal of time on an older 600RR, but it feels pretty comfortable to me and the seat is narrow at the front which seems to help shorter riders touch the ground (not that at 5' 10" you will have much trouble).

2). I have removed the heat shielding from my 2007's pipe/undertail section and haven't noticed a great deal of heat at all.

3). As far as engine heat, I do notice a little warmth on my legs when the temp gets up around 215* sitting in traffic, but that is rare and honestly not anything that bothers me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts