Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple questions for the suspension guys here. it may be my riding style not the bike, any opinions would help. ok first the specs:
06rr new
stock suspension
rider weight 160lbs. height 6'2
suspension settings: all stock

so when im mid corner, doesn't really matter what corner im in. as far as i can tell, the bike feels really unstable. like the back end was shifting around and didn't want to plant well. numerous times i will be in mid corner and upon accelorating out i lose traction in the rear. i keep in it and everything is fine, but it shouldn't be. granted my tires were somewhat cold and kinda slick concrete. i did notice that my rear dampener setting was set to full soft, so i adjusted that(haven't re tested it)

the bike just feels like it wants to wander around while im in a hard corner. also when my bike is sitting next to my friends 06 the front seems to be quite noticably higher on my bike than his. like the front ride height is higher. is this possible?

thanks for any opinions or help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ithought i would add this: im pretty confident in my technique, i have read all the little "how-to's" on turning(lol). as well as the keith code twist of a wrist book. so i feel confident its not that, but im also not ruling it out.

if you watch the AMA series, watch when they start setting low times. on almost every corner exit the bike is twitching and kinda weaving under power. thats what it feels like mine is doing.

i think the soft setting on the rear dampener has a lot to do with it, so i will get back on here after i test that out.

thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
ewwww. i was about to ask how long u been riding which i still wanna know (code's book is good) but sittin next to another bike and looking taller, is that from every angle? if so thats your problem. the front is somehow to high and your "hard corners" r kickin your bottom which happens when u try too much too soon. id say if u really think its high, take it to a shop but if not, slow down and understand your bike. if u got money, get a full ohlins kit and they will make it to your specs.. im 63 179 160 for races but i feel its best for u to settle down. plus cold tires on a 600 u gotta work to get it to break loose in a turn.. its a skill not an opps if your doin it all day. msf course?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn it, i just replied to this but it didn't show up. ok so ill just summarize what i had written.

i have been on a ninja 250 for the last two years. could scrape my pegs on higher speed corners easily, never did drag my knee though. rode a 72 kawi bighorn before that for 2 years or so. i did take the msf course before i started riding.

i just adjusted the rear dampener setting from soft to middle hard, im thinking that was a bit of the problem. but due to work and cold streets i couldn't take my fav corners to find out if it helped.

so my tasks for tomorrow are to take the corners at the same speeds and see if the suspension setting have helped at all. also with a tape measure, find out if my bike is riding higher in the forks than my friends 06, make sure its not just an optical illusion.

well im going to do those things tomorrow and come back with some more info.

thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good news; the rear suspension change helped a LOT. cornering is much more stable and predictable now, with a lot less floating around. still a little floating on corner exit, but i think its more due to the turn i was on combined with the power. definently an improvement.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
475 Posts
so what ended up being your setting for the suspension?? i just changed mine it feels sort of better but since we are around the same i might want to give ur settings a try i m sort of new to this whole suspension thing too thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts