Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a real good ride w/ a friend to N.H yesteday ( about 180 miles round trip) and before we went back to his house I had to stop and gas up ( got 46 MPG on the last tank..SCORE!!) and I was gasing up a guy comes up around my age and asks me " Are these things fast as what people say" I kinda laughed some and said yeah it is they dont lie( kinda figured it was common knowledge that sportikes were pretty fast). He said " Id like to get one, I then said well you should they are alot of fun.

Just got me thinking even though his question was not that far off base made me wonder what kind of off the wall stupid or lame comments/ questions you guys have gotten from others.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ive gotten that too...either that or kids in m3s, sl500, s2000, etc. reving up and trying to race me. i think its commom knowlege that bikes are fast, but few know just how fast they truly are. funny story about the m3...my buddies and i were at a light and this m3 pulls up next to us...the guy had already driving like an idiot weaving through cars and gunning it down straights. well, the kid had some buddies in his car and he begins to rev on us. first we ignore it, but then he revs again and proceeds to prepare to launch his car. well needless to say we all walk away from him as if he was standing still.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i had someone tell me they wanted to start riding. when i asked them what they wanted to get, they replied that they were new to riding so "just" a 600. i replied, "you realize that 600s are very fast right?" he said, "really?, i thought they were the smallest bikes made."

·
Registered
561 Posts
I always enjoy the "BOY THATS THE WAY TO GO WITH THE PRICE OF GAS" comment, then followed up by "HOW MANY MPG DO YOU GET" I usually have to explain that I dont own my bike because of the price of gas.

I go through $25 every 2 weeks in my car commuting back/forth to work etc.

I go through that in a hard day of riding on the RR.

And ya people have no clue of how fast a bike really is, did you ever get an idiot pull up next to you and pipe you up in thier car wanting to race, its like get a grip....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a chick pull up next to me the other day, roll down her window, and ask: "Nice bike, is that a 600?". I honestly didnt know what to say, so i pointed to the 600RR sticker and nodded.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I got this one just last night in the Safeway parking lot: Some guy is gettin into his car next to me and says to his girlfriend "now you dont even think about safety when you ride one of those things!" as if i couldnt hear him. I look around and then pointed to my helmet, "thats what this is for."

Also get "what kinda bike is that?"
-its a cbr600rr or cbr954rr or whatever im ridin
"what size is that?"

Also:
"Do you have a death wish?" (from old peeps)
"do a poppa wheelie!" (from girls or kids so of course i gotta thorw up a fat 2nd gear and keep eye contact with em while doin my "poopa wheelie")

·
Registered
659 Posts
By Police:

Do you know how (expletive) fast you were going.

By Brazilian Models -- Translated:

Are you as sexy under that helmet, as that bike.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Prisoners on work detail always look/yell at me and twist their wrists... I think they want me to wheelie.

As far as questions go...

How fast is it?
How fast have you gone?
Whats the top speed?
How fast does it go?

I am so sick of that question. Answers:
Fast enough
97 MPH
160 Something
Fast Enough

I havent ever broken 100. I will eventually, but top speed isnt whats fun, its hard acceleration and carving curves. I guess the more often I get asked this question, the more and more I realize why so many idiots buy Hayabusas... and then get killed.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
powerranger said:
Do you want to die?
Are they pointing a gun at your head? If someone just walked up to me and asked me that, I would freak the funk out! Hahaaha!

C

·
0 Posts
Fooldog01 said:
Prisoners on work detail always look/yell at me and twist their wrists... I think they want me to wheelie.

As far as questions go...

How fast is it?
How fast have you gone?
Whats the top speed?
How fast does it go?

I am so sick of that question. Answers:
Fast enough
97 MPH
160 Something
Fast Enough

I havent ever broken 100. I will eventually, but top speed isnt whats fun, its hard acceleration and carving curves. I guess the more often I get asked this question, the more and more I realize why so many idiots buy Hayabusas... and then get killed.
Arent the last two questions the same? hehe

·
Registered
275 Posts
People are idiots about stuff like that. I hate when you ask someone "what's your favorite car?" mclaren f1! "What's your favorite bike?" Hayabusa! "What's your favorite gun in Doom? The BFG!...

Ugh people drive me crazy, they have no sense of taste or opinion so they just pick the biggest and best of everything. The question I get the most about my bike is "why didn't you get the 1000rr...its way faster"

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Fooldog01 said:
damn man my "hard acceleration" includes breaking 100 when shifting out of 3rd or 4th gear lol and i dont think ive ever even had it above 12,000 rpms or so at the most.

but yeah i get the "how fast is that thing" or the "do a wheelie".... idiots.

but the most stupid, retarded questions that take the cake are "so why did you pick the honda" or "why did you pick the RR". lol.... both honest questions from guys just trying to make conversation but to me THAT is whats the most common sense lol

1 - 20 of 146 Posts