Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ET AL - Please advise:

1. Does this model have an integrated brake system: I. E. - application of the rear brake pedal supplying 30% of braking action to one of the front caliper/rotors with 70% being applied to the rear brake system?

2. The owner's manual advises that the totaling passenger load weight rating as 397 lbs? It didn't give a motorcycle weight rating, but I read elsewhere that its (dry?) weight is 370 lbs. Could this be accurate? Two rider's weighing an average of almost 200 lbs each on a 370 pound motorcycle? Are the stock tires rated for a load (GVWR) of almost 770 lbs when the machine is capable of speeds of 150mph?

3. If one of the 55w headlight bulbs burns out, will it automatically switch to the other bulb? (I had a 1979 Yamaha XS 1100 that had that feature - if low beam burned out, it would automatically switch to high beam or vice/versa).

4. Does the "Passing Light Switch control (on the left handlebar) cause the headlights to pulsate or does it have to be depressed and released by the operator to cause that sensation?

5. what could one generally expect (performance wise) by installing a $600.00 (in 2005 dollars) Yoshi pipe on this model? Would it have to be mapped to obtain an appreciable increase in power?

I'm trying to acquire this info for interested friends.

Thanks for you time.

Dave Freeman

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
ET AL - Please advise:

1. Does this model have an integrated brake system: I. E. - application of the rear brake pedal supplying 30% of braking action to one of the front caliper/rotors with 70% being applied to the rear brake system?
No, each brake is applied independent of the other.

2. The owner's manual advises that the totaling passenger load weight rating as 397 lbs? It didn't give a motorcycle weight rating, but I read elsewhere that its (dry?) weight is 370 lbs. Could this be accurate? Two rider's weighing an average of almost 200 lbs each on a 370 pound motorcycle? Are the stock tires rated for a load (GVWR) of almost 770 lbs when the machine is capable of speeds of 150mph?
Yes, this is correct. Motorcycle tyres are rated very well and not the same type of retreaded crap that can be found on cars. Hence why a set can cost you upwards of $200.00

3. If one of the 55w headlight bulbs burns out, will it automatically switch to the other bulb? (I had a 1979 Yamaha XS 1100 that had that feature - if low beam burned out, it would automatically switch to high beam or vice/versa).
No, it the bulb burns, manually switch the high beams on. Please understand this is an RR, meaning Race Replica, not a tourer with comfy features to set my mind at ease while you meander upright down the highway. It is a performance machine derived from the RC211V MotoGP bike and will run the quarter mile in 10 seconds in stock trim and then stop on a dime.

4. Does the "Passing Light Switch control (on the left handlebar) cause the headlights to pulsate or does it have to be depressed and released by the operator to cause that sensation?
It is a momentary pull switch, to pulsate, ease finger in and out (yes, I did just write that).

5. what could one generally expect (performance wise) by installing a $600.00 (in 2005 dollars) Yoshi pipe on this model? Would it have to be mapped to obtain an appreciable increase in power?
Typical increases in power are rated at 3.5-5hp, but to take full advantage you would need to go and get a PCIII or PCV and have it mapped properly. The difference is not so much all out power, but the smoothing of the power curve and a more usable rev range.

I'm trying to acquire this info for interested friends.

Thanks for you time.

Dave Freeman
I hope they are appreciative and welcome to the forum. Any reason they didn't register and post?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.